Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for Red Heart "Fiesta"

A few years ago I made an incredible buy of over 100+ full skeins of primarily Red Heart yarn for $50!!! Most were in new, unopened condition and had been stored in clean, smoke and pet-free conditions. Many were multiples of a single color, or coordinating colors. It was truly a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. That being said, included were a few skeins of Red Heart "Fiesta" in "Black" and in "Horizon". I would like to locate at least one skein (or more) of each color for two different projects I would like to make. Does anyone have any of either of these in your stash that you'd be willing to sell? Thanks in advance for checking your supplies.

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Sweet Sue, I don't have any of this kind of yarn or I would gladly send it to you. I only have baby yarn left over. I did some searches on the Internet (as you did I am sure) and this yarn has been discontinued by Red Heart as you may know since you are reaching out on this forum. Have you tried Ebay they have lots of stuff you can't find in stores you might try a search there. I wish I could be more help to you.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. I crochet from the cotton thread
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    You can Google it.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Sweet Sue. You could go to Ravelry and type in a yarn search. Some knitters have a bunch of balls of various kinds of yarn that they don't need and will be willing to sell. Some don't sell, though. They just say that they have them in their "stash". I can't see the point of telling everyone they have these yarns if they don't want to sell or trade them. What am I missing here.

However, if you scroll right to the bottom, you will find a few persons who have this yarn who are willing to trade or sell.

Ravelry: Red Heart Fiesta

However, if that did not work out, if it was me, I'd then go to yarnsub.com. This is what I found:

https://yarnsub.com/yarns/red_heart/fiesta

By the way, that is a helluva deal you got, with 100 balls of yarn for $50.

7. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Spoula, kl1000, Jean Marie and MeToo! for your help and recommendations. I have spent a lot of hours contacting people as I was looking for this yarn, and the ones who have it in their stashes like it as much as I do, and won't part with even partial skeins. I will keep looking and maybe there is someone getting ready for a rummage or estate sale that will have some I can buy. In the meantime, thanks again, I appreciate your help and I learned a lot about Ravelry that I didn't know before MeToo!'s post.

9. Thanks MeToo!, spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sweet Sue,
    Are you in the middle of a project that you need the same color yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    I find some good yarn at the charity stores.

12. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Sweet Sue,
    Are you in the middle of a project that you need the same color yarn?
    Luckily, no. I haven't started either one so I can make some changes to my original plans if I have to. I am planning 2 different afghans using the two colors of Fiesta that I have, and the extra skein or two would make it the slightly wider and longer size that I prefer. If all else fails, when I get to the halfway point and I want it longer, I can always increase the size of the center band of color. That's a pretty easy fix compared to being part way done and running out of yarn!!

14. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sue,
    If you can't find anymore Fiesta yarn you could make the blanket in the black you wanted or another color and use the Fiesta yarn for the middle band of the blanket.

16. Likes Nova55 liked this post