Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

help with stitch directions

Hi,
    I am crocheting a throw that calls for tr2tog and tr3tog. I am not sure how to do this stitch. I know how to do sc2tog or sc3tog, but not tr2tog or tr3tog. Can someone give me step by step directions? I'm not sure if you wrap the yarn 3 times at the beginning of the stitch or all three times.
    Thanks. Katia

Post Thanks / Like
    Katia,

Here is a resource which will help you to understand how to do tr2tog and tr3tog:

How to Crochet - Decreasing

Let us know if this is helpful!

3. Likes Patti Hale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, this was very helpful, Barbara - thank you! I thought I replied yesterday, but I don't see that it showed up. Hope this does.

Post Thanks / Like
    has anyone any ideas where I can get a copy of the pattern seen on You tube. Mrs Johnson crochet a bedspread, that took her over 67 years to finish? It was called a pinwheel popcorn stitch, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maml View Post
    has anyone any ideas where I can get a copy of the pattern seen on You tube. Mrs Johnson crochet a bedspread, that took her over 67 years to finish? It was called a pinwheel popcorn stitch, Thanks
    Hello,

I found the youtube video you watched. It states in the comments list that it is available through a yahoo group called CeltsVintageCrochet. Do you know how to sign up for yahoo groups?

Here is the video clip if anyone is interested:

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that was fast Thank you so very much I hope this pattern can be found there as I am really looking forward to working on it my next hope is second hand book stores and garage sales in older neighbourhoods

Post Thanks / Like
    a tr or triple crochet starts with yarn over (or wrapped) 2times insert into stitch , yarn over again and pull thru (4 loops on hook) yarn over and draw thru 2 loops until 2 loops are left, insert into next stitch and do it again until there is 3 loops on the hook, yarn over and draw thru all 3 loops. Thats the tr2tog, for the tr3tog insert into a 3rd stitch and do the yarn over just like the sc2tog until there is 4 loops left and yarn over and draw thru all 4 loops

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question on a how to stitch and procedure is the the right place to do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonCaro View Post
    I have a question on a how to stitch and procedure is the the right place to do it?
    Hello,

This thread was started about stitch help, so you are more than welcome to ask your question here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying to make a beanie type hat with ear flaps. The hat is started at the brim on the top. It starts with a chain 60, sl st the 10 rows of hdc. I got this from a YouTube site so there are no written dirctions. She mentioned once in passing to chain 1 at start of round. Mine is not looking very good, and becomes twisted and not even at all. How do I sl st each of the 10 rounds and should I chain one after sl st or is it a ch2? I wish I could find a written pattern that was simple to do. This one sounds simple and I think it would be if I could just figure out the sl st at end of each round then the start of a new round!