Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What is your favorite crochet magazine?

Hello members,

What is your favorite crochet magazine? Please include why it is your favorite, so members who are thinking about purchasing this type of resource can gain some feedback. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Inside Crochet - I love this magazine (there are so many interesting patterns that I want to try) and I'm always looking for patterns to try all the time.

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet World seems to be the only magazine left that includes thread doilies. I am not interested in yarn crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Crochet Magazine, it has easy to follow patterns and the designs are wonderful. There ads in there are great too a lot of crochet assessories I was not aware of.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to buy Decorative Crochet and Magic Crochet magazines in past. I did alot of thread but it starts to get hard on my hand so I now focus more with yarns. Right now I dont have any favourite yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I love Crochet Magazine and Decorative Crochet. Crochet Magazine has some beautiful projects and I find myself wanting to create all of them!!!! They have extra projects online as well. Well worth the money.
    Decorative Crochet is a beautiful magazine as well and has many of the old patterns for doilies and table runners as well as new ones. This is an excellent Magazine for those who love working with fine cottons.

Crazy About Crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big fan of Piecework magazine. It covers a wide variety of needlework, including crochet, and teaches the history as well as the stitches.

Here's a link to their website
    Piecework Magazine November/December 2011 - Articles and Projects

9. Likes Janine liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Magic Crochet. Unfortunately it is no longer published in the US. But there are lots of copies floating around it you check on craft sites. For those of you who love to crochet doilies. This magazine is the ultimate. Each issue has patterns ranging from easy to expert. All patterns are actually diagrams which is so much easier to work from than reading patterns. I am slowly trying to collect the issues I don't have. I love this magazine.

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure that I have a 'favourite' at all. It all depends on what I'm looking for.

Crochet! Magazine tends to cater to the widest audience with a variety of patterns from beginner to advanced. Its also the magazine of the Crochet Guild of America.

Crochet Today features more of the 'beginner level' patterns and is sponsored by Coats & Clark - hence it features only the Coats & Clark line. It always has some great teaching tips.

Interweave Crochet is for the more advanced crocheter IMO as it deals more with complex stitches and wearables. It also has some excellent lessons.

Inside Crochet is published in the UK but is slowly becoming available in the USA. It covers a wide spectrum of project difficulty. The one thing to remember is that the patterns are written in UK terms (makes sense)!.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janine. Do you crochet doilies? I have a few friends who crochet but no one does doilies. I learned to crochet when I was 10 on purple #10 crochet thread. The lady who taught me just said go to the store and get some bedspread thread. I was 10 purple seemed wonderful. It was except it was too dark to see. I soon became the owner of a ball of white thread. From there I proceded to crochet my first doily. I was also given as a present for learning my first crochet hook a #7 Milward and to this day I still prefer Milward to any other brand. Write back if you want to chat doilies.