Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What do you feel is the easiest stitch you have learned?

Hello members,

What do you feel is the easiest stitch you have learned in crocheting? Thanks again for your insights!

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than the basic chain, I've always found that the single crochet is not only the easiest to learn but also the easiest to teach.

Once you've learned the basic single crochet stitch, all other stitches can be learned based on that.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Once you have learned the basics of crochet I have found the Herringbone stitch is one of the easiest plus most surprising stitches I have learned. It is just a variation of the DC and what a huge difference it makes. You need to do about 4 rows to see the pattern well, but I love it. I have made 4 or 5 afghans and several scarves using it. Check it out on youtube.
    Judi G

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the easiest stitch I've learned is the crocodile stitch! And it's fun and quick too = )

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, it has been the single crochet and the double crochet. It's amazine how much you can do with just those two stitches!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Catdoll, it amazes me also how much you can do with just different combinations of the SC and DC stitches.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    For a single stitch, I think the single crochet or double crochet are the easiest. For the easiest groupings of stiches, the basic pattern of either the ripple or the granny square is the simplest. I have taught all of these to several people and they catch on fairly well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    For a single stitch, I think the single crochet or double crochet are the easiest. For the easiest groupings of stiches, the basic pattern of either the ripple or the granny square is the simplest. I have taught all of these to several people and they catch on fairly well.
    oh man I wish!! The ripple still is the hardest thing for me! It's crazy! I can screw a pattern up in no time when it comes to the ripple!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true Catdoll. Without a good foundation of the basic stitches, no others are even possible!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't feel bad Rack,
    The first thing I ever crochet was the ripple, a lady showed me how to do it one afternoon for a short period of time and then she moved. I ended up with the largest fan shape you have ever seen.....hah!!! To this day I haven't gone back and even tried it again. This new one called the Wave or Lazy Wave is the closest I have come to it. It is worked in DC however and is much easier. I found it on Youtube, video was on mikeysmail site. Check it out, it is very pretty when done. And the video makes it so much easier to understand and follow along with. There are a lot of different patterns there to pick from. I am also going to try one called the Side Saddle stitch.

Judi G
    Last edited by Judi Gums; 01-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.