Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you crochet bookmarks?

Hello,

I was looking at some images on yahoo. And I came across this little guy:

Image Detail for - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_t0qKjLDILp4/TTlj3PPDc-I/AAAAAAAAAJk/JZVkIdNzL-s/s1600/Picture+162.jpg

We really do not do much for Halloween, but it would be nice to create some Christmas bookmarks for my kids.

2. Likes diane10 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't tried making this kind of stuff but it's definitely worth trying. They're so cute! I'd definitely try to search for similar patterns for different occasions to try out and of course try to post them here

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a bookmark swap on another crafting site a while ago and made a few crocheted bookmarks. They were really pretty, I thought They would make great bookmarks or gifts for co-workers and Secret Santa pools.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I think making bookmarks would not take alot of time. They would be quick giftables, for sure! Kids would probably really like them as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    I made some a long time ago, and still use them. This makes me want to try them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I have crocheted quite a few bookmarks when my daughters where in grade school at the end of the year there teacher got a bookmark as a thank you for helping them with their education turned out that they would hope to be one of my daughters teachers so they could recieve a bookmark.

Is there a certain kind your looking for I'm sure I could find Halloween bookmarks, Christmas or any other kind just let me know I'm pretty sure there might be one or two on these websites doesn't hurt to look.
    FREE Crochet Patterns - Maggie's Crochet - Maggie Weldon
    free crochet
    Christmas Crafts, Free Knitting Patterns, Free Crochet Patterns and More from FaveCrafts.com
    AllFreeCrochet.com - Free Crochet Patterns, Crochet Projects, Tips, Video, How-To Crochet and More
    Crochet Pattern Central - Free, Online Crochet Patterns - Beginner Crochet Instructions - Crochet Tips, Tricks, Testimonials and More!
    Crochet Me
    www.ravelry.com
    Hope you find what you were looking for if you want I could look through the many patterns I have if you have a certain one in mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Great quick ideas...I think for the younger crowd might be great to also crochet iPad and iPod covers

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since I like both reading and crochet, i could make myself a crochet bookmark...and the witch one looks so cute really! However, I think you've got a great idea here Yarnmama.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like

I make corner bookmarks in about 10 minutes each.

I make these regularly for the visitors at church.
    Select a picture from a used greeting card. Cut two sides in a corner shape. Make a second piece similar shaped.
    Punch tiny holes (1/8 hole punch) along the two straight corner edges. (Hold the front and back together as you punch.) SC twice with embroidery thread in each hole. Pull the beginning and ending thread under the sc on the back side to finish. The other side can be any shape,
    Cute Christmas pictures make Christmas bookmarks. Pretty flowers make Get Well bookmarks. Pictures can be chosen appropriate for bookmarks for men or boys. Cute children's pictures encourage children to read.
    I usually make the back piece a tiny bit larger to make it easier to fit on the corner of the page.

11. Likes Barbara G., KathyFuller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some bookmarks also make great package tags. I like using them better than gift tags. First, there's no way the kids will be able to tell which one is for whom, increasing the mystery at Christmas time, but each one will remind me who the package is for. And then the bookmark is useful beyond tagging my gifts. Very green idea, if you ask me. (And a great scrap user, too!) Oh, and I am notorious for using a crocheted item to 'wrap' my gifts in, it saves on the paper that just gets thrown away, and becomes two gifts in one! Christmas is a bit much to do this for, but I use this method for birthdays and anniversaries. :0