Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Half Double Hookin'

Hey!

Im Mary Kate. (Graciegirl is my internet name, Im just so used to using it.) Im 36, married with two children. My rambunctious boy, who's turning 4 next week. And my party girl who is 1 and a half.

My little girl is who got me into crochet. I saw those cute little beanies for babies, and wanted to make some for her. While looking online for patterns, my Son wanted me to make him a shark hat I'd scrolled past. I was like, nooooo.. I can't do that. That looks too hard. But he told me I could do it. Hehe.. he just really wanted it. So, I tried my hand at it, and lo and behold pulled it off! I've been making character hats for both of them ever since!

I just recently started selling off my facebook. And doing surprisingly well! Not enough to quit my job or anything. But enough to keep me busy! (And pay for xmas gifts!)

I belong to another crochet forum, but it sits pretty quiet from time to time. Im home during the day Hookin' while keeping the house in order and other domestic activities that I don't excell in. Martha Stewart would be horrified. But its nice to have a place to have a sip of coffee in.

Nice to meet you all. Looking forward to seeing the projects and getting inspiration!

MK

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to have you in the forum! Please make yourself at home here! There are lots of good resources listed on site and this is a friendly group of people who love to help! Thanks for joining us and we look forward to learning more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been crocheting for 20 some years but never really made hats until I was pregnant and joined Pinterest...found all kinds of girly things my baby had to have! I had my son (almost) 10 months ago, so I had to let go of all the girly things I made and I got into animal/character hats!
    My hubby loves sharks so my son has that shark hat too! (I love the blog Repeat Crafter Me)
    Glad you're here and if you ever need help just ask

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, thats the Repeat Crafter Me hat. He's grown out of it now, and is obsessed with the Minion hats. Next up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle! *Laughs* Ive seen some really cute boy 'newsboy' style hats. And a foot ball.. there's some great hats out there for boys. Nice to meet you Ms B!!!

5. Likes Ms.B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ravelry: Chappy Newsboy Cap pattern by Carrie Piper

I used this pattern for a newsboy cap...I love the textured look
    Attached Images Attached Images Half Double Hookin'-photogrid_1385573448521-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Mic was rockin' newsboys a couple years ago. Mom crocheted him a couple complete with postage stamp tac pins stuck to them. (She was a relief postal worker in my hometown of 300-ish for years.) In small town Kansas the little boys do collegiate and camo, but he didn't think twice. I wasn't so sure... shame on me. He was adorable and confident doing his own thing without even realizing it. What Mom doesn't cheer that on?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds adorable Beloved? Do you have a picture?