Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

I inherited "The Gift of Gab." Thanks, Dad

I started to "tell a little bit about myself" for my profile... and I'm starting to think more and more that I should be... blogging. Whaaa?! (Just another thing I could never imagine myself doing, like the crochet patterns I saw when I started.) Maybe I just enjoy "blabbing." I have a 9 year-old son and a boyfriend, but you have to be careful crocheting for men. Lol. Has anyone ever heard that old wives' tale about crocheting for a boyfriend?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard the wives' tale about crocheting for a boyfriend...Does it end in marriage or treagedy? Well just about the same difference. Just kidding. Welcome to the site! Hope you like it here. There are alot of friendly and helpful people. We enjoy seeing pictures of projects past and present. Feel free to share. I'm sure that gift of gab will come in handy

3. Likes belovedfeather liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny! The "curse" is that he will break up with you, but I did sneak in a beanie and he's still here. I love the Stitch 'n Bitch crochet books and am almost finished with a sweater vest for my son. Even though it's out of the projects for men volume, I used different colors and I'm kinda' worried it looks like some preppy '80's girl's sweater... ugh! Maybe I'll post a pic and ask opinions when I finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, I love those books, but haven't made anything from it. She has another one? I have the happy hooker. I'll have to keep an eye out for another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to have you ladies in the forum! Please make yourself at home here! There are lots of good resources listed on site and this is a friendly group of people who love to help! Thanks for joining us and we look forward to learning more about you!

7. Likes belovedfeather liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't even heard of the stitch 'n bitch crochet books. I'll have to check those out. Good luck with the sweater hope it turns out better than your letting yourself believe. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Stitch 'n Bitch series are written by Debbie Stoller. I have "The Knitters Handbook," "Nation," and "Son of Stitch 'n Bitch" (projects designed for men). But "The Happy Hooker" is my go to manual and the first book I picked up that explained techniques so I could understand. Besides that, she's got a wicked-funny sense of humor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's exactly what I like about 'Happy Hooker'.. she doesn't take it all so seriously! I want to make that cowboy hat for the summer!

11. Likes belovedfeather liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. nice to have you with us

13. Likes belovedfeather liked this post