Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help

Post Thanks / Like

Help

I used to be an excellent crocheter however about four years ago I mysteriously lost my skills. I can understand directions and know how to do the stitches, but I can barely make anything. No matter what size of yarn or needle I use I cannot get my needle to go through the stitches. Everything I make comes out stiff. It is so frustrating, HELP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group! I am not as experienced as some of our members. My first thought is to ask you if you are relaxing while you are trying to crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I do try and relax, but I noticed tonight that my yarn skids as it goes through the stitches - a sign that I might not be -- I do not know

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I do that too sometimes and it is usually that I am holding the crochet yarn and needle too tight. Sometimes when I am not using the right yarn or hook, I have that issue too. Does anyone else have this issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi lesearcher
    Welcome to the forum! That is exactly what happens when someone starts out crocheting or knitting--and probably when they haven't been doing it for a while. I suggest trying to consciously leave the stiches a little loose--not too much of course--until you get your "feel" for it again. There's no doubt you're making them too tight now if you can't get your hook through. So, loosen up a bit!