Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Question How is everyone doing?

Hello members,

How is everyone doing? What other projects are you working on besides crocheting?

Our girls made sand art creations last night during our troop meeting. They are wanting to do some leatherwork, make homemade candles, and a variety of other things.

Love to know your thoughts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbi,
    I am putting together ideas to make memory quilts for my grandchildren for Christmas. There are some really cute patterns on the internet.
    Never made quilts before so I think it will be a great adventure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have always wanted to learn to make quilts! Maybe some day I will have the opportunity! Good luck on your new project and let us know how it is coming along. Thanks for the reply!

Post Thanks / Like
    My ugly blanket was such a hit, I am making more of them for other members of my family. Because my husband was such a hero and took the truly ugly color combinations, what's left are decent colors. Fortunately this will allow me make a blanket in one or two colors tough many shades and tints of that color. Each person will get to pick their favorite colors. When they are finished, my leftover and scrap yarn supply should be just about used up.

I am also buying some end of the season Christmas kits from Annie's Attic and Herrschner's so I can start on gifts for next year early.

5. Likes Barbara G., mabullock liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I quilt, make doll clothes and do many different hobbies. I will make Christian crosses out of soap for Easter with the youth at Church. I use a candy mold. After the soap is melted I then pour the melted soap in the mold. Then I put one of my hubby's screws from the workshop at the top of the mold to make a hole. Once the soap is set just remove the molded soap by lifting the screw. You may tie a ribbon so the soap can be hung up or used. A good project for the girl scouts. You can use any candy mold shape for this project. I don't use the molds after to make candy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBelleMari View Post
    I quilt, make doll clothes and do many different hobbies. I will make Christian crosses out of soap for Easter with the youth at Church. I use a candy mold. After the soap is melted I then pour the melted soap in the mold. Then I put one of my hubby's screws from the workshop at the top of the mold to make a hole. Once the soap is set just remove the molded soap by lifting the screw. You may tie a ribbon so the soap can be hung up or used. A good project for the girl scouts. You can use any candy mold shape for this project. I don't use the molds after to make candy.
    Thank you for the great idea! I will have to add this to our list of things to try. I am sure the girls will be excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    The soap crosses are an interesting idea. You could probably use a threaded eye hook like you would use for a door latch. That way you could run a ribbon through the eye to hang it with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Theresa, Use anything you want to get the size hole you need. I used a very large screw head and I did run a ribbon through so I could hang the soap in the bathroom. If it is scented soap it's like a air freshner. If making a large cross I put felt on the back when hanging so the soap did not seep into the paint. I also when giving these I put a Bible verse on a little tag. Our Youth will pass these out near Easter into our community.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just finished crocheting 9 hats for my friend's daughter who will go on a mission trip to Brazil in June. I haven't crocheted in years so it's fun to revisit a favorite hobby. Saturday I had 5 gals over and we sat and crocheted had soup for lunch and (of course was an excellant excuse to make my favorite cake for dessert--one my hubby really doesn't care for) we had the most wonderful relaxing day full of laughs and tears. They came in a rain storm around 9:30 and left about 2:30. One gal learned to crochet and another also brought her old yarn that was in her closet for years.

11. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I like the idea of a crochet group. I just need to find out which of friends crochet. We could gather once a month and work on our projects, maybe getting ready for Christmas gifts. I always leave mine until the last minute and then run out of time.