Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What type of Crochet Organizers do you use?

Good afternoon,

I am always looking for ways to organize my things. I have never really organized my crochet items, though.

What types of crochet organizers do you use? What types have you thought about using?

Thanks for the replies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi,

I also like organizing my things but I haven't really organized my crochet materials just yet. The best organization I've done so far is to separate my yarns from my needles, then also separate my acrylic yarns from the cotton ones. I've also packed together my finished projects, although I tend to dump all the bags together when I'm cleaning up the house I really plan to crochet separate bags for them, or at least buy a box to put them all in but I just can't find the time

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't done a whole lot of organizing, but I do keep my granny's daughters and granny squares in a handled basket, along with a skein or two I happen to be using. I have a little zippered pouch for my hooks, otherwise I would never be able to find them. Most of my yarn is stuffed into a big plastic storage tub, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I am thinking about getting a tote bag with some pockets in it. That way when I am out the door, I can grab it and go. Eventually, I would like to have some type of organizer in my bedroom with my other crochet items in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my yarn in a lg plastic storage tub. I recently make a roll with pockets for all of my hooks, stitch markers, yarn cutter... I made it out of a placemat that I got on clearance at Target-works great. I have a tote that I keep a couple of skeins of whatever I am working on at the moment, my project, and my hook roll so that it is ready to be thrown on my shoulder and hauled with me wherever I am going. Thats about it I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I were more organized! I seem to have various crocheting projects and implements all over the house!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use two small carryon tote bags, plastic tubs and recyclable shopping bags-- half of my belongings have been in storage for 18 months- so I am trying to keep my stash as small as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ladies for all the responses and ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a zippered case with slots for my crochet hooks. I carry my present project in a tote that was originally listed as being for scrapbooking, but it works great for my crochet project. It has pockets all around to carry my hooks, scissors, highlighters, buttons, etc. There is also a zippered pocket for me to carry my wallet in if I am going to an appointment that will required me to wait. It can hold two skeins of yarn, or the project and yarn with the pattern. I love it. I recently brought all my yarn into the living room and sorted it according to color, weight and type of yarn. I did put all colors together, but kept type of yarn and weight separate - different stacks. I then placed the yarn in clear tub according to color and weight. I also gave a lot of my yarn away. I had inherited an enormous amount of yarn from my mother, so I had more than I could use up anytime soon. I ended up with three big tubs of yarn and a small tub with all the decorative yarns and trims. I keep a big tub next to my work space for current and very near future projects. And, theres a tub for patterns.

10. Likes Barbara G., yarnmama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you again for the great ideas!