Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi

I am a novice and can single, half double, double and triple crochet. My daughter found a hat on pinterest she wants me to make for her and the pattern is written in symbols so I have downloaded a chart showing the stitches that are symbols. Goodness this is going to stretch my brain. I am pretty sure I am going to be asking for help at times and from what I have seen this is the place to ask. Thanks all for being helpful and kind.
    mflyman

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum - and good luck with the hat. I'm glad you found a way to get written instructions, instead of a diagram. I guess I'm old...well, I know I'm old, lol. I can never figure out the diagrams and always want a written pattern to crochet anything.

Let us know if you need any help. I'm sure someone will have the answer.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    The diagrams are interesting but I have to have the written pattern. If you need help please ask and some of us will be glad to help you. Welcome and we try to be friendly and helpful and the more you participate the more fun you will have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mflyman, When I found a doily that I liked but it was in symbols, I got a piece of paper and set down and copied it all to something I could work from. Like a o is a sc. keep the chart handy to do that. It is a lot easier to copy , keeping the chart handy for that than it is easier to come to a stitch while doing the actual crocheting and have to set the work down to look up what the next stitch is. And no, I never finished the doily.Margaret

5. Likes mflyman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome here! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet message boards! I am Barbara and live in Oklahoma - make yourself at home here among crochet friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and i love to help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mflyman, Welcome, I am also new to Crochettalk but am looking forward to learning new stitches and being able to get help as I go. I will have to look for the symbols chart it sounds like a good thing to have close by. It has been years since I have crocheted anything. Good luck on the hat.

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    mflyman WOW girl if you can figure this out give us a few hints??? Go for it and enjoy NO FRUSTRATING. Glad to meet you and Chat again Im sure. We like to see Pics of projects????? hint hint Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Pa. Welcome from AudreyL. glad to have you with us. I have crocheted for over 30 years and I enjoy it very much. You will get all the help you on this site