Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to Crochet

Post Thanks / Like

New to Crochet

This is my first post. I taught myself to crochet with a book and the internet over the Christmas holidays. The way I learn a stitch is to find a hat to crochet with that particular stitch. So far this method has worked out well. I have done a hat in single, half double, double crochet and am currently working on a hat using puff stitch. My family and co-workers are quite willing to take my finished projects! One of the reasons I love crocheting is that it goes so quickly! I would love to get together with other enthusists in the Cleveland area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is great to teach yourself to crochet! My mother got me hooked by showing me how to do an afghan. Since my kids are getting older, I now have a little free time on my hands. I am sure I will gain more over the next year, or so! Hope you enjoy the group!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DB5307!

Wow! I'm impressed! You must be a very quick learner. Took me years before I knew all of those stitches, lol! By next month you should be teaching me a thing or two, which is great because I'd be glad to learn a thing or two, lol!