Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone. I am new to this wonderful site.

Hi!
    I've been crocheting for many years, off and on. Most recently, I've returned to the craft by making prayer shawls for dear friends and family.

I would like to make them for others too, and am researching some options for that.

I love crochet, but sometimes find it hard to find patterns that aren't clumsy looking or silly.

I am currently making a basket weave baby blanket for my niece, but am not necessarily happy with it. We are in Florida, so it's important not to get the things you crochet to heavy. Although I've used cotton yarn, I think the pattern choice is too heavy for this climate. The babe will be born in December though, so maybe it will end up being ok.

I hope to join in here and learn from everyone, and maybe help others too. Although I've been crocheting for years, I have many techniques that I would like to learn.

I am also embarking on teaching myself Irish crochet. It's beautiful, isn't it?

Take care, everyone. Looking forward to "meeting" all of you on the boards!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

3. Likes OKWTink liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and please jump in with any answers you have and post any questions. We love to see pictures of your work if you have them.

5. Likes OKWTink liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? I never thought to take any photos of the shawls. I do have an afghan that I made Mama, but that was done years ago. I usually give all my stuff away (make it for a particular person). I don't much make things for us, but I have some new patterns so maybe that will change.

If I do anything photo worthy, I'll be sure to post them here. :-D

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wlcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello OKWTink. Welcome from Pa. Nice to have you join the forum. I have crocheted a long time and enjoy it very much

Post Thanks / Like
    If the picture is of an older item then say that and please post the picture. I don't think there is a time limit and we all truly do love pictures. I take pictures of most of my things and I post them and if people get tired of looking at them then they can tell me but truly I do love pictures and there is no one that posts too many for me.

11. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love photos too. I really enjoy seeing the work of others. Thank you all for your warm welcome!