Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from the American Sahara!

AKA the boonies of San Diego, where the parching East winds have not ceased to blow now for almost a year, killing off the trees and bushes like some sort of invisible blow torch. {sniff}

On a more positive note, I'm hoping there're some really skilled diagram readers here, because I've got mega-problems with some butterfly diagrams.

I've been crocheting since '64, knitting since '67, and also love beading critters. Lizard and frog buff.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ndlnut and welcome to our little group. I wish I could help you, but being honest here, diagrams just plain scare me.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to have you here on the message boards! Please pull up a chair and make your self at home here - this is a wonderful group of people we have on site! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    HA! You might just be the "fairy godmother" I need, Larisa! I've been wrestling with some Duplet magazine crochet diagrams for butterflies for quite a while now, and maybe I can hit you up to untangle them for me! CU around!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barb and MBH, thanx for the welcome.

MBH, as a punaholic, I RELISH your ever so clever moniker! {thumbsup} And yah, diagrams can indeed be scary, I agree, but one of the things I like about the Russian Duplet ones is that usually, they come with a diagram that also shows you the direction of working, which is a HUGE help.

I usually have no problems with American (or UK) diagrams, but the Russian and Japanese ones can be a bit overchallenging, LOL!

For me, the advantage of the diagram is, I don't have to worry about losing my place, although yesterday, I was working on a butterfly that had about 6 rows of sc's, which in Russian diagrams are marked not with a nice little cross-stitch cross, but with a tiny black rectangle. That can make your eyes cross when there're umpteen of those crowded together like a bunch of amoeba eggs ({cackle} I know, amoebas don't lay eggs).

8. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I have crocheted for 30 years and I emjoy it very much

Post Thanks / Like
    ndlnut I hope your finding some help. Have you tried You-Tube Videos??? May have some things . LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AudreyL View Post
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I have crocheted for 30 years and I emjoy it very much
    Thanx Audrey! We're "Oldie" crocheters, then, because I've been doing it for half a century, ROTFL! (And when I mentioned to someone in 6th grade that I wanted to knit, the reply was, "Aw, shucks, that's fer granneez!" Hmph!)

Sue, yes thanx for the tip: I've been ferreting around, and I think I've figured out one of the problems I was having. When I successfully make that particular butterfly, I will post it here as my "trophy," LOL!

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ndlnut I will be waiting. As a Butterfly crazzeee gal Im anxious. I have 7 metal ones outside ,just put them in shed as Winters in MN is COLD, Breezy, SNOW. HUGS Susan M J