Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Northern NY!

Hi, I am an RN looking for a way to relax and be creative at the same time. After a 22 year break from crocheting, I have decided to start again. I am going to need help because I really don't remember too much. Any suggestions about how to get started on a scarf would be appreciated!

2. Likes Cari liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe! I am addicted to doilies and find great pleasure making them
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Likes Cari liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Glad to have you in our family. Well you can just take your time. I am sure as you start to crochet sime. It will start coming back to you. Go to Crochet Pattern Central - Free, Online Crochet Patterns - Beginner Crochet Instructions - Crochet Tips, Tricks, Testimonials and More! they have free patterns and for beginners or to refresh your memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk message boards! We are pleased to meet you and have you here on site with us! Enjoy your time here on site with us! This is a wonderful place to be!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. welcome, my name is Barbara and I'm also from New York and retirerd nurse [LPN]. I'm close to Oneonta and about 30 milesfrom Cooperstown. I just love to crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. I have crocheted for over 30 years and I feel it is very relaxing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello from Europe! I am addicted to doilies and find great pleasure making them
    Hi, I'm from Az and love doilies too. I found some different type patterns in the past...with different stitches. Do you have any books you would recommend for an experienced crocheter? Thx c

Post Thanks / Like
    Doilies for ever! Do you follow charts or instructions? I can recommend you Patricia Kristoffersen books with instructions or Magic Crochet and Decorative Crochet magazines. I know more sources btw
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

11. Likes Cari liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Doilies for ever! Do you follow charts or instructions? I can recommend you Patricia Kristoffersen books with instructions or Magic Crochet and Decorative Crochet magazines. I know more sources btw
    I follow both. I believe Pat Kristoffersen is the name on some of my books. I'll have to check. I'll check those others out. Thanks so much. BTW the one I found by Kristoffersen is called Doillies with a twist. Going to research magic and decorative crochet books. Thx c

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcontino View Post
    Hi, I am an RN looking for a way to relax and be creative at the same time. After a 22 year break from crocheting, I have decided to start again. I am going to need help because I really don't remember too much. Any suggestions about how to get started on a scarf would be appreciated!
    Hi, I'm originally from upstate NY, now from AZ. I suggest you start sort of simple. Get a pattern from on line to follow. Then you can create your own, like a scarf with popcorn stitches to add some flare to it. I joined lionbrand.com, no cost and you can find free patterns or pay for some. Hope this helps c