Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: new member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I'm retired & spend a lot of time crochet & Knitting. I do mostly charity work. AND...I have a request for advice! Yea...jumping right in! I plan to make wig-hats for children undergoing chemo treatments. The idea started with one baby girl. Her name is Ellie Walton. She's had 2 major brain surgery procedures before her 1st birthday! She did NOT like the idea of having her head shaved. That's when it hit me...make fun & funky wig hats! My main concern for them is comfort. So what yarn will work the best? It has to be soft, and also be stretchy enough to cling to little bald heads. I know with knitting the knit 2, pearl 2 is the best pattern for stretch. (That's according to Mikey, the crochet crowd guy) So I'm asking for input from you. I'm advanced at crochet, intermediate at knitting. Any help is appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I make only doilies . I hope ladies will help you
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very experienced with thread crochet. Grew up with it. Love it! I'm always looking for beautiful patterns for doilies and tablecloths. I have quite a few on my Pinterest boards. I love the Russian patterns, oodles of talent! I'm always looking for a challenge with crochet. The "Master" books are easy for me. I'm branching out to freeform crochet. It incorporates sewing patterns with crochet pieces. A lot more challenging. But I still love doilies!

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well. I have a big pattern collection and all of Duplets
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the Crochet Talk message boards! It is a pleasure to have you here with us! Please join right in and make some new friends learning in the process!

I would wonder if the baby yarn would be best for the chemo hats. We have many on site that have done chemo hats, so hopefully they will be checking in soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Butterflybye, Last fall I decided I was going to make Hats and sell them. I had about ten of them but here in Central Texas we didn't have a need for hats. So I gave them away to people going sking or to Boston in a snow storm. I found that Hobby Lobby has an alpaca yarn that is great for working into hats They have come out with a lot of colors this season. The yarn is great for hats. There is enough give to it but it doesn't stretch out of shape. And it is very soft. I let my friends pick what hats they wanted and the ones made in the alpaca went first. I have directions to make teddy bears that I am going to try the alpaca for children in the hospital. This is my Hint, Good luck with project. Margaret

8. Likes N/A liked this post