Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Newbe

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Newbe

Hi to everyone. I live in Worton, Maryland now. Retired from the business world several years ago and loving retirement. Don't know how I found time to work. I taught myself how to crochet from an antique how-to booklet, many years ago. Mostly I make dishcloths for members of my family. Right now I'm absorbed in crocheting for Christmas. Also, for my church. I sell them cheap at the church craft show. Usually they all sell. I keep the mistakes for myself, LOL. Not long ago I got brave and started crocheting doilies. I don't have to tell you that, after using worsted size yarn for the dishcloths, using the thread sized yarn felt awkward in my hands...but I'm coming along. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corky,

Hello and welcome! Glad to see you logged on and joining in here in the crochet message boards! Please make yourself right at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am addicted to doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. I am addicted to doilies
    Thanks. The doily shown by your name is way over my expertise but I am still learning. A lot of times I'll start something, go along for a good while, and then suddenly I'm off the pattern and that's when I make something up. Adds a little mystery don't you think.

5. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear! Filet doilies are easy to make - only 2 types of stitches
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from AudreyL from Pa. I like to make tablecloths, doilies and all kinds on things. I also make a lot of baby blankets and regular afghans. Good luck with your crocheting. I love retirement. I retired on the years not my age but I am like you I don't when I done my crafts and work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I'm pretty new too but I love it!! You are going to meet some wonderful people who are very helpful and have some great ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Welcome to the family. We are happy to have you.

Post Thanks / Like

No kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Dear! Filet doilies are easy to make - only 2 types of stitches
    The filet doily looks difficult, though. The internet has brought continents together. Isn't it wonderful. Do you mind if I ask you where you live? I'd love to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Audrey. You're very ambitious if you're making tablecloths. Wow. I think my fingers would ache although, right now, I'm pretty busy with making things for Christmas. I just finished a cute item. It's called a soap saver. It's small. You put the remains of soap bars in it and use it as a scrubbie. It feels great against your skin.