Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Beginner, again

Post Thanks / Like

Beginner, again

Live in London Ontario and am a retired physiotherapist and having done some crochet in the past am really in the new learner category. I have started some simple projects and am looking forward to more fun ahead. Great forum!

2. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jan and welcome to our wonderful little group
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jan! I'm a beginner, as well. It's refreshing to be classified as a beginner at ANYTHING. I'm very happy to have found this forum.

I've been working in physical therapy offices for the past 16 years. Sometimes in the back, most of the time administrative. I'm not sure what insurance hassles exist, but let me tell you New York is unbelievable. We have to jump through hoops to get authorizations. I seem to be able to get them, which is a good thing in the competitive job market. At least I'll remain employed for a while.

My crochet forte is mostly afghans, but I have made a few baby items and a couple of sweaters. Nice to meet you.

Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jan!! Glad you could join us here in the forums. If you have any questions feel free to post and someone will be along with an answer I'm sure. There are a lot of gifted and talented people here to help. Enjoy!!!
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the welcome. Wonderful group seems about right!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to be a part of this group. I will have questions down the road so am happy that there is such keen support!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like as long as insurance claims need to be worked out you will be employed to sort them out. Always work to do there.
    I have worked on two afghans, one I finished and one I did up to the point of needing to cross stitch flowers on the squares...after many years of it sitting in a box I donated it to a group for completion.... Nice afghan but not mine anymore!! Right now am doing simple things like pot holders, placemats, even Scrubbies etc. Crochet can be addictive ...a good craft for retirement....but I also read for a book club and I am learning to play the Alto Recorder. Meanwhile I need to do a presentation for my Seniors Learning in Retirement group. Somehow I will make the time to sift through lots of the items in the Crochet Talk forum and make a note of projects of interest. Thanks for the welcome...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jan: I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus; I am 66 and a retired medical transcriptionist. I have four wonderful grandchildren who keep me busy!!! Glad you have joined us. Sounds like you are keeping pretty busy in retirement!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet message boards here at Crochet Talk! We are glad you joined us and hope you will have lots of fun here!