Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

St. Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada, 30 minutes from US border at Calais, Maine.
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crochet Late Starter!

Hi Everyone, My name is Jennifer and I was born in the north-east of England. I have lived in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada, very close to the border with Calais, Maine, for six years. I have three grown-up children, my eldest son, Christopher, is married to a local girl, Mary, and they're expecting their first child, my first grandchild, next January (the reason I picked up a crochet needle!). My daughter, Alexandra, is currently on vacation in the UK with her boyfriend, Steve, and my youngest son, Jonathan, is in his graduation year (so not quite grown up).
    I grew up learning how to knit, but not crochet, although I did attempt it a few times and managed a never-ending chain! I decided to try again last week and managed a pair of baby shoes (courtesy of Happy Berry Crochet - thank you). I thought I'd got off to a good start, but ended up back at the beginning more times than I care to remember. However, I finished the shoes and am quite proud of myself. I've also taken up the knitting needles again after more than 20years and made a couple of pairs of bootees in the past few days. This new baby will never have cold feet, even though we're in Canada! I'm looking forward to being a part of this community for as long as my eye-sight holds out, haha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jen. Welcome to CT. My name is Shelly and I live in Lancaster Co., PA. Both kids are grown, have 5 grandchildren, 2 longhair dachshunds and a wonderful husband of 41 years. I have crocheted for years but only learned to knit about 7 months ago. You will have a wonderful time here on CT and meet many great people who are also very helpful when needed. So just jump in on any forum that you want. Don't be afraid to post, afterall, that is how we get to know each other. Have a great day. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Jen and welcome. Never too late to start something fun is what I say! I have quite a few friends from Canada on a papercraft forum I go to. Glad to meet another Canadian. You guys are cool!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

4. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to Crochettalk, you will have lots of fun here and everyone is so friendly and helpful. Congratulations on your first little grandchild.

You will be crocheting and knitting more than you think once baby gets here!!! And don't forget to post pictures. We love to see what others have created.

LI Roe

6. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums Jennifer!!! Glad to have you here with us. Please post pictures of your creations so we can admire them too! Either knit, crochet or something else, we love it all. Looking forward to getting to know you. Hugs
    Dinah

8. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard the message boards! We are glad you are here with us and hope you will have fun here! Please make yourself at home and let us know if we can be of assistance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jennifer,
    I am also from Canada and am so not looking forward to winter here. I just joined crochet talk and have already found the people here to be very friendly. Happy knitting and crocheting for your first grandchild. I have a grandson and a grand daughter. My granddaughter has 2 children but because of bad choices in her life my great grandson is with his dad and my husband and I are raising her daughter who will be 20 months on the 18th of this month. I have been crocheting for her and am tackling and learning how to do some unique stitches that I never tried before. I get a lot of help with stitches just by watching you tube. We are totally loving to have her with us and am so happy she is not in a foster home with strangers. It is different raising a baby when you are 60 I just do not have the energy I used to have. I also had to retire early so I was with her all the time. Take care.

Chris

11. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jen. I am Audrey from from Pa. I ama crocheter. Nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris, I've just typed out a long reply to your message, but was unsure whether it would be private or public, as I included some personal information. So can you get back to me please. I also posted a picture of my accomplishments under the heading of 'Baby Shoes and Bootees'. X

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, did I just send you a short message about reply to your message. Not sure if I sent it to you or someone else! I'm not a morning person!