Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: News

Post Thanks / Like

Red face News

Hello I am new at this. I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am excited to have a part of Crochet Talk. Marvelous

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Marvelous and welcome! Don't hesitate to jump right in on any of the forums and if you have questions just ask and someone will be along with an answer. We also like to see pics of everyone's creations so if you have any to share we'd love to see them!
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much Diana, I have made some runners from scrap yarn with sc one row and dc on the next row I just moved into this apartment and I am making a lot of things to go with this apartment. I don't have any specific pattern I just start crocheting and see how it turns out. I will have questions as I go. I just started crocheting about 3 months ago and I don't know how to weave in and join two colors when you are changing colors. Knots don't work. I taught myself to crochet and knit so good techniques will help Marvelous

Post Thanks / Like
    Laura I envy you for the beautiful work you do. I can't do that. I just love that doily. Marvelous

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Marvelous! I work on filet doilies now -- Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
    Thank you very much Diana, I have made some runners from scrap yarn with sc one row and dc on the next row I just moved into this apartment and I am making a lot of things to go with this apartment. I don't have any specific pattern I just start crocheting and see how it turns out. I will have questions as I go. I just started crocheting about 3 months ago and I don't know how to weave in and join two colors when you are changing colors. Knots don't work. I taught myself to crochet and knit so good techniques will help Marvelous
    Here is a great little video that will show you how to change colors with your yarn, and it weaves the ends in at the same time. You can use the technique with different colors at the end of a row, or if you need to add the same color from a new skein while you are crocheting:

I highly recommend all the videos on Youtube by Crochet Guru. She has a whole series for beginners. She is a good teacher, goes slowly, and is pleasant to listen to.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much Annette that was very helpful. I will go to Youtube by Crochet Guru. Marvel

9. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some pretty unique avatars on here but I would really like to know how Marvelous came about if you don't mind? Welcome and if you participate you will find a lot of new friends and helpful advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye. What would you like to know about me? I have 6 adult children, 12 grandchildren, 2 greatgrandchildren. I have lived in Minnesota most of my life. I moved to California and Florida but didn't like the climate so Minnesota is my home now. I have had cancer 4 times and am still here. I had 10 surgeries in 3 years and am in pretty good health for 70 year old. I live alone and like it that way. I spend a lot of my free time knitting, crocheting, and making quilts. Most of this I started after my bout with cancer. Feel free to ask questions. Marvelous

12. Likes buggainok, DinahRoberts, dlj326 liked this post