Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone from DonnaB..

Hi, I'm Donna. I'm excited to have found this community. Everyone seems so very welcoming. It's nice to find people with the same interests.

I seem to have several projects going at the moment and I've gone and promised an afghan to a friend as a Christmas present. I'm sure most of you have done the same thing at one time or another.

We live on Long Island, I have two children, one grandson and a mischievous Cocker Spaniel. Right now she's eating my carpet right in front of me as if to say, "that's right, and you love me anyway!".

I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas and getting to know everyone.

Nice to meet you all. Donna

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Donna! Yes, this is a friendly group, and they know a lot of stuff, too. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

PS I have one of those "carpet chewers" myself. A black toy poodle, sort of a teenager I guess, 1-1/2 years old. I'm still waiting for the puppy stage to get over, if it ever does. She will get fixated with one spot on the carpet, dig with her little feet, and then try to chew it. I say, NO, NO many times a day. But you're right, we love them anyway.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

4. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna, welcome in. I'm Shelly from Lancaster Co., PA. I have 2 longhair dachshunds who spend most of their time sleeping. the black and tan just turned 9 and the red one will be 11 in January. Both children are grown, have 5 grandchildren ranging in age from 15 down to 4. I just turned 60 in July and I am really very happy about it as I never thought I'd see 50 let alone 60 I recently finished a baby blanket that my daughter in law wants to give to her pregnant sister. Nice to meet you, too. We can be a wild and crazy bunch but for the most part I believe we're harmless LOL---unless you try to take our yarn then all bets are off-----as we are the yarn lovers of the world. Keep trucking on with your projects and if you can figure it out, post some pics as we love looking at what our comrads are making. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

6. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Donna. It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa doily maker. I am a member of Secret Santa exchange group
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna and welcome to CT. I am also from Long Island, specifically North Massapequa. This is a fun and very helpful group of people so enjoy your stay.

BTW, did you know that it is a law that we have to have multiple projects going at the same time, otherwise the Crochet Police (division of Craft Police) will be after us?? I get into enough trouble as it is on my own, LOL, don't need the Crochet Police here.

Take care.

LI Roe

9. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna. Nice to have you with us. It is a good forum to belong to. I am from Pa

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Donna!!! Glad you joined our group here! We do get a little crazy at times teasing and such but it's all in good fun! If you have any questions or answers to others questions don't hesitate to post! We also love to see what everyone has been working on when possible, so if you have any pictures we'd love to see them too. Hugs
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you and have you here with us! My name is Barbara and I am from Oklahoma! Please make yourself at home here and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    hahahaha...Roe, I didn't know anything about the crochet police!?! Thanks for letting me and others know about this serious breach of law. Not only do we have to save the yarns of the world, we have to have multiple projects going at once????? Will the pressure never cease???? Don't spit into the wind!! Don't tug on Superman's cape!!!! I can't take it anymore...it's all just too much for me to remember at one time......I think I'm going down on the floor for a while now....I'll get back up when and if I can LOL
    HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

14. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I did not know about the Crochet Police. (although I did have my suspicions.) In an effort to organize my disorganized life I've taken bags that I can carry and placed my pattern, yarn and hooks for each pattern in each bag. I'm not sure if it's helping me be organized, but it looks like I'm holding a silent auction in my computer room.

I actually found something that I was working on in 1986. It was supposed to be for my daughter's room. It's a very sweet rainbow blanket. It's rainbow stripes that work up into a "fan". At the top of the fan there is a row of white popcorn stitches that are supposed to be clouds. I made about 6 motifs and I'm not sure what happened. It's possible that I was intimidated by the 1/2 fan instructions.

Dear God! Could I be a hoarder!!!

Thanks for listening, Donna

16. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post