Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, My name is Mary aka Shihtzumom.....because I have 3 shihtzus and have recently added 1 yorkie. The Yorkie is a 10 y/o female that I gor as a rescue and she is awesome of course my 3 shihtzus are extremely awesome too. I love to crochet, had to quit for a while because of ulnar nerve impingement and the carpal tunnel. At it again tho not as fast as was before the problems but I'll get there. I am having a left shoulder replacement on 9/27/13 so that will keep me down for awhile longer. Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Happy Tuesday everyone.

2. Likes amanda, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums! Glad you were able to get logged in - have fun in the forums and make yourself at home!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will and will be able to very thoroughly explore, if not before then while arm is down from the surgery, the doctor said that within a few days I would be able to do computer stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and you will love the people on here. We love to see pictures of your work if you have them and if you don't then remember to take a picture of everything you make.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary! I wish you good health. I am Larisa doily maker. I have 6 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary and Welcome to CT. Glad that your hand is improving. Crocheting is good therapy! I am Shirley, live in Eastern WA, age 66, retired and have 4 grandchildren. We have two granddogs, wiener dog Frank and Chichuhua haha Charlie. We have Lola, Staffordshire terrier, that we inherited from our son in MN. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus and our first fall mtg is this Thurs. I am anxious to see what all the gals have made over the summer. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary. Welcome. My name is Michele but go by Shelly. I'm kind of the young kid at only 60 LOL. I have 2 longhair dachshunds, two grown children, 5 grandchildren oh and my hubby of 41 years. Sorry to hear about your nerve and shoulder problems. Nerve pain is the worst. I had my second cervical spine surgery 7/2/2012 and I can hold a crochet hook again!!!! I have been able to crochet again since about the beginning of the year. I missed it so much as I am sure you do and will. Hang in there for all will be fine in time. Then we can see pics of the hard work you have done with your hooks. Have a wonderful evening making new friends and having fun. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to hear from everyone. I am 61 yrs young and live with my 4 furbabies out in the countryside ( just a little way from small town and just a bit more to 2 larger ones. Have fenced in backyard for the babies to play in and their doggy door is in the wall so they can come and go at will, except for my yorkie she hasn't figured it out yet. I think it maybe to high for her. In the past year I did manage to get 1 afghan done, no pictures but I can tell you about it. The pattern is the IRISH ROSE. I made it in 8 panels rather than 8, because it was a wedding present for my kind of adopted daughter. I made it in apple green and navy panels. Around the panels I crocheted a chain that was laced together to join the panels and then around the whole afghan. There were 64 flowers that were crocheted and then sewn on. When finished it looks very lacy. Needless to say she was very happy. Glad I had about 8 months to get it done.
    Working on a baby afghan now. The only other thing I crocheted was the beanie that my 9 month old great niece wore in her funeral. lost her to SIDS. I felt very honored to make it though it was hard to do. She was beautiful.

That's all for now. Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary. Good to have you with us. Good luck with your carpal tunnel. They heal up pretty fast

Post Thanks / Like
    The carpal tunnel was done last fall. This one is a rt. shoulder joint replacement. But after having both knees replaced ( a year apart) I think I'm up to it. It might take a bit to get back to much crocheting. But hey that's just another incentive to work hard at rehabbing the joooint.