Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a discontinued yarn

So, there I was looking thru all the lovely patterns on Ravelry and found one that I fell in love with, (not unusual for me). It was a bit pricey, but once I managed to unearth the very yarn it called for from my "yarn dungeon", AND exactly the right amount, I knew it was a sign to purchase the pattern, no matter the cost, and so I did. After happily crocheting over the last 3 days I realized that I will need one more ball! So, off to the store I went, only to find out it is discontinued! I started desperately looking on Google, and realized that it is discontinued the world over. J & P Coats, how could you? This is my last attempt, would anyone out there happen to have a J & P COATS LUSTER SHEEN in Winter Red? The new Luster Sheen (Red Heart) has Cherry Red, which is darker than the Winter Red. You can email me @ micknlyn11@shaw.ca. Thank You.

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might check on ebay. Sometimes folks have discontinued yarn for sale.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try https://www.listia.com/ They have some surprising finds at times. Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay is always great. And don't forget craigslist > sites GOOD LUCK!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for replying, I did try eBay and found a few for sale but in every colour except,- you guessed it - Winter Red!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you also, Anniem, and for the good luck wishes, so far nothing, but I do appreciate you're taking the time to give me ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a skein of Lustersheen in color #328 Hot Red. I don't know how this compares to the other reds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for taking the time to reply, unfortunately there is a difference between the Hot Red and Winter Red. If I adjust the length of the garment I just might manage with what I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate this for you! I would be so mad that I might throw it down for a day or two!! I am having a hard time with a thread Victorian fan and I have frogged it from half way to the 3rd row multiple times and I have thrown it down as many times. I can not keep the count right. I don't think I can blame it on it being thread which I hate but me not reading the pattern right. I keep letting my eyes go to the wrong row. Any suggestions on how to keep from going to the wrong row? I have it folded but I can still see more than one row. I don't think I can fold it enough to only see the one row but that is what I am trying now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I hate this for you! I would be so mad that I might throw it down for a day or two!! I am having a hard time with a thread Victorian fan and I have frogged it from half way to the 3rd row multiple times and I have thrown it down as many times. I can not keep the count right. I don't think I can blame it on it being thread which I hate but me not reading the pattern right. I keep letting my eyes go to the wrong row. Any suggestions on how to keep from going to the wrong row? I have it folded but I can still see more than one row. I don't think I can fold it enough to only see the one row but that is what I am trying now.
    Faye, I made a bunch of amigurimi Easter eggs and the pattern was giving me fits just like that. I kept reading the wrong row. I finally took a ruler and put it on the page of instructions, and moved it down each time I finished a row.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

11. Likes amanda, Anniem liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I will try that if folding doesn't work! I am about ready to unravel forever. She doesn't like crocheted things in general but I hope thread and the pattern will be different and it is red which is our favorite color.

13. Likes amanda liked this post