Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hello everyone

It was a long process for me to get here, as when I registered at first it said I was a spammer as it didn't recognize my email. Thanks to Barbara (moderator) who sent me a temporary password, which didn't work the first time, but finally after be patient awhile longer I was able to log in.

I'm Linda from Ontario Canada. I do a lot of crochet and knit work, more in the cooler months that during gardening season. I made lots of things for our 4 grandkids, scarfs, shawls, covered hangers and more.

I found my way here from a visitor to my site who was looking for one of my crochet patterns.

It looks like a great place with lots of friendly folks.

2. Likes amanda, Magnolia Blossom, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Gardener View Post
    It was a long process for me to get here, as when I registered at first it said I was a spammer as it didn't recognize my email. Thanks to Barbara (moderator) who sent me a temporary password, which didn't work the first time, but finally after be patient awhile longer I was able to log in.

I'm Linda from Ontario Canada. I do a lot of crochet and knit work, more in the cooler months that during gardening season. I made lots of things for our 4 grandkids, scarfs, shawls, covered hangers and more.

I found my way here from a visitor to my site who was looking for one of my crochet patterns.

It looks like a great place with lots of friendly folks.
    Welcome to the forum.
    I think I was the one who went to your site. I was looking for a pattern to cover plastic coat hangers? I've already made bunch of them and they are turning out so cute. I'm going to give sets for Christmas gifts to the gals in my large extended family.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

4. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Annette, yes, I saw the post where you were asking for the pattern. That was just a simple pattern I came up with. I did post a link to another crochet covered coathanger if you want something a bit more elaborate.
    Linda aka Crafty Gardener

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Gardener View Post
    Hi Annette, yes, I saw the post where you were asking for the pattern. That was just a simple pattern I came up with. I did post a link to another crochet covered coathanger if you want something a bit more elaborate.
    Hi Linda, I did decide to use half-double crochet instead of single. The rows are wider, and I only needed to make 3 instead of 4. I'm all about making anything easier and quicker, ha! These are a fun project and don't require me to use my brain too much when I'm making them, lol. Also, I get to use up some of those leftover yarns that I've got stashed. Right now, I'm being ambitious and making a little crochet flower to go on each one. The last ones in the bunch may end up getting a ribbon bow as a decoration. We will see.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of half double stitches, I'll have to give that a try.

8. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Linda! Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larissa, nice to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums. Sometimes, it takes the system a little time on the log ins. Glad you were able to get logged in. Thanks or joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda and Welcome to CT. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus. We are glad to have you here. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Pa. I am a better crocheter then I am a gardener