Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi From South East Missouri

Hi, thank you Barbara for accepting me into your group.

I am Katheryn from South East Missouri. I have been crocheting for over 50 years, and knitting since 2006. I also enjoy embroidering, and sewing. I used to quilt, but haven't did it in a long time.

I've been making Pillowcase dolls for a while now, and giving them as Bingo prizes, and personal gifts to friends.

I have a blogspot you can see some of my crochet, knitting, and embroidery you are welcome to visit.
    THREAD 'N' STITCHES

I feel sure I will enjoy your forum.
    Katheryn/KrochetGurl

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forum! We are glad you decided to join us! We hope you have much enjoyment here - this is a great place to be!

Glad to see you logged in - look forward to learning more about you!

3. Likes SheriP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Katheryn: I love the doilies and especially the doll one with the feet!!!!! How cute is that. You do very nice work. Glad you have joined us. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Katheryn! Guess who is here?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you again, Barbara.
    Katheryn

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Lili for the very nice compliment. I love making those Pillowcase dolls. Only one of them is made from a kit that I bought at our local Fred's store.

The others I made from cutting out the pattern from the kit I bought at our local Fred's.

Jdneedlework,com sells the kits. One kit is all a person needs, and they can make as many as they want.

I bought the good grade of white quilting fabric that was 90 inches wide at wal-mart, and I can get two dolls out of a yard, and have some fabric left over.

The designs, a couple of them, I printed free from the internet, and the others I used Aunt Martha's hot iron on designs.

I have now ordered and gotten something that will help me to not have to use a transfer pencil to make the iron on design. It is called Sticky-Fabri-Solvy, and I ordered it from Wal-mart online. Cost less than anywhere I looked to buy it.

I am anxious to try it out as all I do is find the design I want, stick a sheet of that sticky fabri solvy in and print the design, stick the fabri on the cloth, and go to work. Google for Doe Ce Doe, and you will find oodles of beautiful embroidery free designs.

Sorry this is so long, but once I got started I felt I needed to explain. Thank you for visiting my blogspot.
    Have a blessed day,
    Katheryn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Girlfriend,
    Good to see a familiar face here.
    You just can't hide from me can you. LOL just kidding.
    Love, and Blessings,
    Katheryn

Post Thanks / Like
    Love ya Katheryn
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Did gdaughter finish her stitching? She will learn a great deal from you-your work is lovely. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for nice compliment on my craft work, and visiting my blog. She just lacks 3 of the daisy stitches in the center having it finished. She is just 7, so her interest doesn't last long, but she will finish it eventually. She has always been interest in the crafts I do. She has decided now she wants to learn to knit. I saw a video about using pencils to knit with. I thought I would let her try them since the size of a pencil is what she is used to holding. I was just awe struck when I saw that video knitting with pencils. Although I learned to cro tat with a crochet hook before I bought my first cro tat hook. She modeled a Beret I just made for my SIL, and I will get that on my blog soon as I can.