Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Trouble

Hi everyone,
    Just joined this group - my second. Knitting Paradise is the only other group I belong to. I'm a retired Foreign Service officer/spouse living in southern CA. I knit, crochet, cross stitch, sew etc. I live with one great husband, one cat 19 years young, one cat 15 years young and a crazy Aussie Shepherd/Catahoula Mix named Pandora aka Dori who will be 2 years young in April. I have one son and I love living in the states.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trouble,

Welcome to this crochet forum! It is a pleasure to have you! I also love to cross stitch, but with my children keeping me busy, it has been a little while since I have worked on stitching. Glad to have you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, trouble, (funny name) ;-)
    Sounds like you may be one of our more experienced crocheters/crafters, which is always nice to have.
    So, if I'm understanding you right, you have been living abroad and now getting to live in the US because of retirement?
    I can understand liking to be home, but living abroad sounds fun to me since I never have lived anywhere else ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Welcome to our home away from home. Knitting Paradise is also a great site, as I also belong to it. Being I am a quilter as well, I have a favorite site I go to and chat with others who share the love. Glad to hear you are enjoying living in the states, and I am sure you have already discovered all the great places to go (especially those places that sell plenty of yarn and patterns to keep your fingers busy).

Post Thanks / Like
    That is correct Patti. We lived overseas for the most part since 1973 and I was a new bride married only 6 months. We were stationed with the State Department in Tunisia. What a wake up call that was. It was also where my son was born. We spent around only 8 years in the states from 1973 to 2007. The rest of the time was overseas in foreign countries. Tunisia, Russia, Barbados, Peru, Australia, Mexico, Argentina, Cyprus, Jordan, and finally, Hungary.