Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hi There!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi There!!

Hi my name is Joan but they call me Joan-z. I am a long time crafter my favorite being anything that's easy. I do a lot of counted cross stitch and I know your saying, "that's not easy" and you're totally correct. I do full scenes on the back of denim jackets sometimes. Right now I working on a project my Mother set me out on, she does this quite often. She had about 20 little 5 and 8 inch dolls given to her, all neck-ed and my job is to make dresses for all these little girls. When finished all these little people will be donated to children over seas that have no dollies. I work all from free patterns and have only found on style that passes my "satisfaction" test. Meaning, if I'm not happy with the end result, no one sees it. It's been tough finding the right one as most are all kinda cheezy looking. Any way, if anyone knows of any real nice dress patterns please let me know, Thanks for having me as a part of your group and Happy Crafting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joan-Z: Welcome to CT. We are glad you have joined us; I used to do cross stitch but now my eyes don't like the little stuff to work on. What a job to dress all those dolls, but some children are going to love them so much. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus and make some full afghans for a boy's ranch too. Show us some pics when you can! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Joan-Z, great project to dress the dollies and make kids happy! Are you looking for crochet dress patterns for the dolls, or sewing/fabric patterns? Let me know and I'll help you look. I have lots of time and patience to cruise around on the web looking for things.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Joan-z and welcome. I am Larisa addicted to doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to meet you and have you here on site with us! Thanks for joining us and please make yourself right at home here!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Welcome, Joan-Z, great project to dress the dollies and make kids happy! Are you looking for crochet dress patterns for the dolls, or sewing/fabric patterns? Let me know and I'll help you look. I have lots of time and patience to cruise around on the web looking for things.
    I am crocheting these dresses. I have searched a lot and have found a few that are really nice looking. I will post pics when I have a few done.

7. Likes buggainok liked this post