Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi, I'm Carol.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi, I'm Carol.

I learned to crochet from a video, so I still have lots to learn; that was 2 years ago and I'm absolutely loving it. I am 64; no grandbabies; have a tabby named Daniel (a cat my son brought home from college which I inherited); have crocheted something for everyone I know and am looking for more outlets (or as my husband says "victims') on whom to bestow my latest creation. Look forward to talking to people who share my interest. Let's crochet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carol, and welcome to the forum! I know what you mean about crocheting something for everyone you know. I do that, too. I haven't gotten any new people on my list lately, so I've had to come up with new projects. Ha!

My latest projects have been crocheted purses. I am pretty tickled with how they are turning out, and I finally came up with a way to put a cute lining in them, too. I'm making a whole bunch and will give them as Christmas gifts to all the gals in our family.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carol!! Welcome to the group. I'm 54 with 3 grandchildren that I have devoted my crochet to for a while now. But, I'm making myself a shawl at the moment. Post some pictures of your creations when you get the chance, we'd all love to see them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Carol! It s nice to meet you. I am larisa doily maker. Thank you for telling about cat. I have 6 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carol: Welcome to CT. I am 66, retired and have 4 grandchildren. I mostly crochet baby blankets for Project Linus. Other gals also crochet for cancer centers, nursing homes, and other charities. We are glad you have joined us. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carol! I'm new here too, but I wanted to say hi! I'm 27 and I have a call center job so I get to crochet all day while I work, I'm getting more and more passionate about it as I get into it further. Glad that we can grow into this community together

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us! Please make yourself at home and let us know if you need help with anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. I have found a Project Linus and a group who crochet lapgams for the Veterans Hospital here in Houston, so I have a good start on new "victims". Read about the Yard Sale and while I can't travel will definitely have something made for next year. Look forward to chatting often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you found crocheting early in you life. I have a son and daughter older than you, neither of whom share my new found love. Look forward to talking to ALL the crocheters who have welcomed me.

10. Likes Firepxy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa...........you are definitely one up on me. I have tried doilies and fingering yarn, but these old hands become all thumbs. I feel like I'm using a pick from the dentist's office and floss. Thank you for the welcome.