Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy I'm new here!!

This is my first post here! I'm new and I've never blogged before. I've been crocheting for years an didn't have time to do it for several years. I started again when I found out I was going to be a grandma! Since then I've crocheted many, many small and large afghans, doilies, christening gown etc. I love doing it and my stash of yarn is growing by the day! Thanks for letting me be a part of this community!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, welcome. You're off to a good start - you figured out how to join and how to post, lol. This is a fun place to share about crocheting, and other stuff, too.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to CT. Congrats on being a grandma!!!!! I am 66, retired and have four grandchildren, 7,6,5,4. I broke my hip in August 2012 and have since become addicted to crocheting baby blankets for Project Linus and some full afghans too. Right now I am working on a shawl that one of the gals posted on Free Patterns by DorisAnn! It is an easy pattern and looks very pretty. She had posted a couple pics of the ones she had done and after a few rip-outs, I was off and running! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! It is great to have you here with us! Thanks for joining us and you are welcome to make yourself at home!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome!!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their welcome to this community! My new granddaughter just turned 10 months old. I have 4 stepdaughters ranging from age 17 to 5 and I crocheted each of them an afghan for Christmas last year. I'm currently working on an afghan for my great niece for her birthday. It's a corner to corner afghan and I love doing it. It's so easy once you get started that I wish I had known how to do it earlier!! I'm also working on a baby blanket in the same stitch. I want to do my next one in the Bavarian stitch also known as the wool-eaters stitch. I just have to figure it out!! I'll be 60 in September and am looking forward to the day that I can retire so I can have more time to work on my crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Daff: You are one busy lady. All those afghans, wow. I have been using the corner to corner pattern for about a year and love it. I can use the same pattern depending on yarn used etc. and they are all so different. I had gotten some kits at Project Linus, finished 9 blankets and took them to PL last week. I really did not want to retire from the medical transcription job I had had for 5 years but when the doctor's wife said she did not know what I did all day, I was so done!!! And I am so glad I made that decision! If you want to, show us some of your work. You have a big job with 4 stepdaughters, but I am sure you are a great mother!!!! Love, Shirley

PS: And isn't that grandbaby wonderful?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shirley! I work full time and a large research library and have been there for almost 42 years! I've raised 2 sons who are both police officers and both married. My youngest son is the father of my beautiful granddaughter Celia. Not only did I do afghans for each of my stepdaughters I've done one for my niece, 2 for my Mom and one for my niece's boyfriend. Plus several baby afghans (all done in the last year!). I've made several doilies for my one daughter in law and ruffled scarves for my other daughter in law and several for teachers at my great nieces school. I've started an afghan for myself but I haven't been able to work on it for some time as I needed to get some others done. I'm planning on doing a tablecloth for each of my son's and their wives for Christmas but not sure if I'll have enough time to get them done in time. I will post some pictures when I figure out how to do so. Love, Delores

Post Thanks / Like
    No grandbabies for me....
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן