Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm new here : )

Hello All,
    Although I signed up for this group about a month ago, I have not read or posted anything. I've been busy with grandkids finishing up thier summer.

So now it's back to my projects and starting on the big ones for Christmas
    My name is Bren and I live in Northern California. I started crocheting when I was a kid and my grandma taught me to make a chain. I didn't really take it any fruther at that time. In fact, I took knitting lessons in Home Economics during my high schools years because I had tried to learn knitting from my mother and just couldn't seem to learn from her. But I knitted for many years. It was my "go to" hobby of choice, while sewing was what I did to keep my kids in clothes.

At one point I even invested in knitting machines, a fine and a bulky. I took lessons and learned how to use them, but I never got the satisfaction from using a knitting machine that I did out of knitting using my own two hands and needles.

Within the last two to three years I have switched over to crochet being my hobby of yarn/thread choice. Just within the last year I have gotten proificient enough to take on the smallest of thread, Kudos to me HAHA!!!

I have had to retire early, if you want to call it that...I am a cancer survivor and I have a couple of chronic health issues that keep me from working

I enjoy crocheting clothing for my teenage granddaughters (shrugs, vests, cardigans) and American doll clothing for the younger ones. I have yet to figure out what to crochet for my almost 3 year old grandson (I could use a few suggestions).

I hope to make friends here, maybe find new places to score on great prices for yarn and thread..like I need more hahaha!!!

Nice to be here.
    Bren~

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Group Bren amigurumi seems to be a good thing for little boys and little girls
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Bren! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa. I live in Europe and make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

5. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bren: Welcome to CT. I live in Eastern Washington. I am 66 and retired. I have four grandchildren. I learned to knit and crochet from one of my students when I taught high school Home Ec! She was right-handed and I am a lefty, so I crochet right-handed. I did cross stitch, felt ornaments, Christmas tree skirts, etc. However I kind of got tired of knitting and counting and picked up more crocheting, which I am of course now addicted to. I "retired" when the wife of the doctor I had worked for doing medical transcription for 5 years said "I don't know what you do all day"! I thought, OK I am so done, laid the keys on the desk and I was done. I broke my hip last August and could not bear any weight for a month. I started crocheting prolifically and have not stopped. I got involved in Project Linus so mostly now I crochet baby blankets and full afghans for them and a boy's home a bit out of town.

However, I am now working on a pink shawl that was posted by DorisAnn under Free Patterns and I love the stitch and how it is turning out. You might like to try it as it is relaxing to work on.

Sounds like you are keeping busy doing things for the grandkids and I am sure they love that.

Check out the posts and meet others here. They are the greatest since sliced bread!!!! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums! For the 3-year old grandson, I would suggest some sort of "crazy" beanie hat. Here is a page of ideas on Pinterest:

Crochet Crazy Hats etc..
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!!! I would say animal hats or something like a "pillow-pal" for nap time

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet site! We are glad you are here with us! Please make yourself right at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Bren to CT a Group of many talents, crochet, knit, PC, Tatting, and lore. Join in on any group or thread to voice your opinion or help out?? Love kids as mi 1 Grandchild is 26 and far away. We also love to see Pics of projects every one does. Thanks
    for joining in Grandma Bren.........Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the idea

Post Thanks / Like
    animal hat sounds great!!