Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Introduction

Hello, Everyone! I am new here and still learning my way around I look forward to meeting each one of y'all eventually My Name is Karen M. Roth and I am a Crocheter but I do dabble in other crafts as well. I am a jackette of all trades and master of none sadly. I am hoping to learn how to knit as well, if my brain will cooperate

I pray that y'all are having a wonderful day.

2. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen!!! Welcome to our group! There are a great group of people here and all are willing to help when you need it. I hope you enjoy your time here hun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen: I live in Richland, WA, not too far down the hwy from you! I broke my hip last August and have crocheted pretty much full time since then. I mostly make blankets for Project Linus and some full afghans too. I am 66, retired and have four grandchildren. I have done a lot of other crafts but crocheting seems to be my favorite. I learned to knit years ago and tried it again and realized I am not good at it and don't like to count, etc. Glad to have you on Crochet Talk. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank y'all for the warm welcome {{{hugz}}}!

Nice to meet ya neighbor .

I am still waiting on a real Diagnosis. So far it looks like Fibromyalgia, Sjogren's Syndrome, Atypical Rheumatoid Arthritis as well as (TMI here) Fibroids in my sitting end (Ouch big time 24/7/365 with no let up yet). All this to say that I do indeed have my quiet moments to lay in bed with Mrs. Icy Packy. In those quiet moments I dream of new projects I would love to eventually do when I feel better. When I get bored I hunt down new projects on my smart phone.

I am getting ready to take on a huge undertaking: I am making the Victorian Ballgown I will wear when my hubby and me renew our wedding vows. I will be incorporating some of my original Wedding dress into it. I am also going to quilt a wall hanging to hang up behind us when we do say our vows. I am dreaming of a romantic lacy Emerald green shawl but I am not that talented. But this has been put on hold until we find out if my hubby has Thyroid Cancer or not. (So please pray that he does not.)

I am currently in the process of fumbling around with making me a water bottle cozy . I just finished a aqua and lemon yellow Ruffly Doily. I plan to make a rug to match it maybe even some coasters.

Well, I'm out for now *waves*

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Karen, Welcome to the gang. They were telling us the other day that there is over a thousand of us to "talk to". As my name says, I am a transplant to Texas. I spent some time at Moses Lake with my sis. She was a nurse in the hospital at Larson. Then moved over to Renton and from there went all over the states before settling down in Texas. That is some beautiful country around there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Karen! It s nice to meet you! I love this white dog. My name is Larisa. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Karen: I hope you find out the diagnoses soon. I truly hope your hubby does not have thyroid cancer. How many years have you been married? Making a ballgown sounds like a huge undertaking but know you can do it. Using some of your original wedding dress sounds like a very good idea. When are you tentatively planning this event?

I had some physical therapy this spring for a couple months. I had another x-ray in April of both hips and the right hip and pins are doing really well but the left hip shows bone on bone. They said I could have cortisone shots in that hip but I am putting that off for now. Advil helps and that will be fine for now. I can ride now on hubby's motorcycle and get around pretty well and for that I am thankful.

DorisAnn posted a pic and directions for crocheting a most beautiful shawl and you might check that out!!! It would be gorgeous in green too (think hers was turquoise). Take care and keep us posted. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been married for 9 years and we were planning on doing it for our 10th anniversary but I thought it better to wait til we were both feeling better. Plus, to allow myself the time to get the dress done beautifully and not to rush it. I want to do my very best on it and the wall hanging.
    Thanks for the tip on the shawl, I will try to find it

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! Glad to see you get logged on! Please make yourself right at home and enjoy your stay!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You! I hope you are having a wonderful day as well! Welcome to Crochet Talk!