Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hats galore!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hats galore!

Hi, I can crochet the basics. I am starting to understand the patterns by watching videos. I have made several beginning level hats. I mainly make loom hats for the needy. Last year my co-worker and I made 1100 hats to give away to families in need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rosanne,

Hello and welcome to the group! It is great to have you! I love to hear about your learning to crochet! Great accomplishment in making so many hats to give away to families in need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Rosanne--what an accomplishment!
    I made 25 hats for Christmas and thought that was a lot! lol!
    You're a very generous person to be spending all that time helping others!
    Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    My co-worker and I are telephone operators for the Deptartment of Human Services in Colorado Springs, CO. The director of the agency approved the making of the hats in between all of our phone calls. (We are women and we can multi task!). Our co-workers donate lots and lots of yarn, and I find bunches of yarn at garage sales. In 2010 we made and donated 1000 hats, last year in 2011 we made and donated 1100 hats to the "Feed the Children" program. So there you have it, we love those Knifty Knitter looms. We make the hats in 3 sizes. (Red loom for small children, green loom for average size heads, and the purple loom for what we refer to as 'Fat Heads'.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to Colorado Springs--nice place!

Can I move there and help you guys crochet? Ya will have to do the phone answering 'cause I don't hear all that well, and I've never used a loom but sounds like it would be fun (Fat Heads--lol)