Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello. My name is Andrea.

I live on Cape Cod in MA. I love the beach and live about a mile from Cape Cod Bay and a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean. When I'm not at the beach I'm searching thrift and consignment stores for goodies, playing bridge, reading (I do this on the beach too) and of course crocheting. I can knit but I'm slow at it and can't do anything fancy like lace. I crochet sweaters for myself, scarves, hats, purses, afghans, and I love to do thread crochet. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing and to learning new things. Andrea

Post Thanks / Like
    hello Andrea! Welcome to the Forum. I am larisa from Europe. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group looking forward to seeing some of your items
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrea (I have a sweet daughter-in-law named Andrea) and welcome to CT. Cape Cod sounds wonderful. I have always wanted to go there! It sounds like you keep pretty busy. I used to knit but I don't now as I am lazy and don't want to count the stitches. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus and also make some full afghans. I am 66 (just turned), retired and have four grandchildren, 7,6,5,4. We love to see pics of your work! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    hello Andrea! Welcome to the Forum. I am larisa from Europe. I crochet doilies
    Hello Larisa. I love to make doilies - am working on one now. My eyesight is poor so I cannot use anything finer than size 10 crochet cotton but that's adequate for most doily patterns. Do you work with finer thread? I just got a pattern for a summer top done in filet - am anxious to get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    Welcome to the group looking forward to seeing some of your items
    Thank you MsBhaven. I like your user name.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Hi Andrea (I have a sweet daughter-in-law named Andrea) and welcome to CT. Cape Cod sounds wonderful. I have always wanted to go there! It sounds like you keep pretty busy. I used to knit but I don't now as I am lazy and don't want to count the stitches. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus and also make some full afghans. I am 66 (just turned), retired and have four grandchildren, 7,6,5,4. We love to see pics of your work! Shirley
    Hello Shirley. Yes, the Cape is wonderful. I need to live near the ocean - it's my energy source. I make hats and scarves for the homeless. I don't take many pictures but I'll try to remember from now on. You're fortunate to have 4 grandchildren. I'll bet they keep you busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Andrea. It s nice to hear from you! I prefer #30 thread. I made a lot of filet items. Now I work on bruges doily for one lady. I have 2 UFOs... I am making mat too -- Have a good day-Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa: I still have to find your post with the mats. I found several other doilies that you have done and you do a wonderful, wonderful job. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello Andrea. It s nice to hear from you! I prefer #30 thread. I made a lot of filet items. Now I work on bruges doily for one lady. I have 2 UFOs... I am making mat too -- Have a good day-Larisa
    Bruges is on my list of things to learn. Some day I hope.