Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm Katherine

I am Katherine Skaggs from Arkansas. I have been crocheting for some time now I learned to crochet and knit in the eighth grade and taught my mom how to crochet. We wont mention how long ago that has been. Got into sewing and out of the other. Sewed for the public for a number of years. now I'm back to crocheting again and trying to learn knitting again. Married to my wonderful husband for 61 years unfortunately he became ill with Alzheimer and I had to put him in a nursing home I go to visit him every afternoon. I am trying to get caps ready for the hospital where our g/daughter is a RN. We have 2 children (one of each)and 3 wonderful g/daughters-2 out of college and working on her RN.

2. Likes N/A, Anaisa, caroltheteach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Katherine and Welcome to the group!
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I am Larisa from Europe. I crochet doilies... no grandchildren
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Katherine: Welcome to CT. We are all sad today because our friend Amanda just lost her little grandson. Say an extra prayer for her will you? I am sure you will like this site and all the wonderful people here. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site. It's been a great help to me. Wish we could find a cure for Alzheimers. My mom in law had it and it's so cruel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too, Carol, it is such an awful disease. Just talked to SIL in Denver and MIL not doing so well today. She is having toilet issues, chest pain today. It seems like when she has talked to her daughter in MT (which she did Sat) she either has a spell (which seems like TIA), or needs more attention. My SIL is soooo good to her but sometimes she is beside herself with it all. I will have two pillows on the shelf in my closet and when I get like that I want my kids to just put the pillows on my face and put me out of their misery! No kidding! I have said this for years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Katherine. I too am just got back into crocheting a few months ago and am loving it. It is hard when you have a loved one with Alzheimer's. My mil had it and it progressed rapidly. For her in a way it was a kind of blessing as she was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer just as the Alzheimer's was getting bad so she never really was aware of what was happening. The cancer was so progressed they didn't even do treatments for it Lili, I agree with you. My kids know my wishes on what I want if I ever reach the point of not being able to care for myself...they are IN NO WAY to try to care for me at home no matter what my husband says and no heroic measures either.
    My prayers are going out to Amanda on her sad loss. I can't begin to imagine how she is feeling as I have 3 beautiful granddaughters of my own.
    So glad I am back. Missed you all while I was gone. Katherine, this is a wonderful group of people and so supportive in every way! Glad you found us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Katherine. Nice to have you with us. I have crochet for over 30 years. I worked in a sewing factory for about 30 years. Hope you enjoy your self. Sorry to hear about your husband. My prayers will be with you and your husband

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us and look forward to learning more about you!