Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Mississippi!!

I have just joined Crochet Talk. I just started crocheting again after about 25 years and re-started knitting after about 40 years +. Currently I am crocheting and knitting baby hats for St. Jude through my church. It has been a fun (and learning) experience. I enjoy getting together with other ladies at my church plus get the thrill of making something to give away. In addition to the hats, I have started a prayer shawl for my 86 year old sister and have 2 baby blankets started...one crocheted, one knitted. I do hope they will be completed soon. I do not do handwork all day so my work takes me longer to complete.

Hope to chat with you again soon.
    Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anne: Welcome to CT. I am 65, retired and have 4 grandchildren. I am mostly doing baby blankets and full afghans for kids in a correction facility locally. I love St Jude and I am happy you do projects for them. Your sister will love her prayer shawl. I am wanting to do one but so far it is on the to do list!!!! I am getting to the point I have to force myself to do my housework first before either sitting to crochet or turn on this darn computer!!!! Glad you have joined us. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome Anne. Your state is my very favorite to spell! Most of the time I only crochet at night. Then I go to the doctor's, and I think I'll get to work on something, and they take me right in! Of course if I don't have anything I have to wait forever. So now I keep a small bag in the car of yarn to make washcloths. So I can sit there and do seed stitch, and see how much or how many I can do before they call me in! The Eye Dr. and Cardiologist are tied.
    Crochet with Joy
    Joy Ann
    Joys Crochet Boutique on Etsy

Post Thanks / Like
    Joy: Isn't that the truth. I used to do that when I was going to physical therapy twice per week. Everyone asks what you are making so that is a little PR too. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here! I was born in Tupelo and one day hope to travel back to the area some time! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Anne. I am also a new member. I am looking forward to getting to know people with the same passion for crocheting that I have. Maybe we'll bump into each other from time to time.
    Happy crocheting!
    Purple Dahlias

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Anne! You are a busy and productive lady. May God continue to bless you and the work that you do.(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Hello Purple Dahlias! Glad you joined us! You came to the right place to meet some passionate crocheters!(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

9. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Beverly for such a warm welcome. It will probably take me a few days to check out the site, if you have any helpful hints please share. (((Hugs))) ~Dawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn: Welcome to CT. I am glad you have joined us. I am 65, retired and have four grandchildren. I make baby blankets and full afghans for Project Linus and a correction facility. Right now I am trying to do something red, white and blue for vets/survivor of 9/11 that is due in September. Kind of making it up as I go with really good input from some of the gals!!! Shirley