Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Kolina

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Kolina

Hello to everyone at Crochet Talk,
    I'm really enjoying learning with you, and looking at pictures to plan my next projects. Right now I'm making a baby blanket for my daughter's expectant baby.
    It's my first of this king, and because of things I've learned online, I'm using a new stitch (for me) rather than the regular E stitch. I have great expectations that this will be the first of many.

Thanks for your help.

Kolina Morelli
    In California

2. Likes Grandma Darlene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us! Thanks for joining us and please make yourself at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Kolina! It s nice to meet you! I am larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk Kolina, and what a beautiful name!! If you have a questions about anything, just give a shout and someone will be able to answer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa

Post Thanks / Like
    Kolina: Welcome! I am 65, retired, 4 grandchildren. I make baby blankets for Project Linus mostly. We would love to see pics of baby blanket when it is finished!!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KolinaGr View Post
    Hello to everyone at Crochet Talk,
    I'm really enjoying learning with you, and looking at pictures to plan my next projects. Right now I'm making a baby blanket for my daughter's expectant baby.
    It's my first of this king, and because of things I've learned online, I'm using a new stitch (for me) rather than the regular E stitch. I have great expectations that this will be the first of many.

Thanks for your help.

Kolina Morelli
    In California

Welcome! and what is the E stitch? I can do single, double, triple, and 1/2 double crochet. 123 123 123 Greetings The computer keeps telling me that my message is too short. .....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> It has to be at least 10 characters long? It won't post my message! How short is too short? asdfffffjkuioqnijnwela/Zhwbn;liurgasnsdf;.gioiuKH/SDFGERYLE

Post Thanks / Like

Smile The E stitch

Hi Jean Marie,
    I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking, the E stitch refers to a wrap (or a stitch) in loom knitting. I've been enjoying the loom knitting, & I'm making a baby blanket right now. But what I'm really excited to get good enough at, is crochet. I'm in my very early stages of learning, but I think I have single crochet down pretty good. I don't get to practice everyday, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for calling attention to my mix up.
    Kolina

Post Thanks / Like
    Kolina, it might help you to know that SC(or single crochet) is putting your hook through the stitch and pulling the yarn through so you have 2 loops on your hook and pulling the yarn through the 2 loops on hook which you probably already know. So SC is pulling the yarn through two loops one time, DC(or double crochet) is yarn over and pulling through two loops twice, TC(or triple crochet) is yarn over twice and 4 loops on hook and pull through two 3 times. Thus SC is pulling through 2 loops once, DC is pulling through 2 loops twice and TC is pulling through 2 loops three times. and half double crochet is just like DC but pulling through all 3 loops at once. Hope this helps.