Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Holiday Gifts

Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Gifts

It's getting to be that time of the year again, especially if you are making gifts! Do any of you make holiday gifts for your friends and family? I usually make something for Christmas, but I'm deciding what to do this year. I'm thinking a family set of stuffed snowmen, or a family set of slippers!

Post Thanks / Like
    The snowman family sounds like they would be cute. I haven't made any gifts in years since work has kept me to busy. Now that I have more time, I should re-consider it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a lot of my gifts last year, mostly because I had very little money and a lot of craft supplies. They all went over really well, so I think I'll do the same thing again.

I made my mother two crocheted rugs, my sister a pair of slippers, and my fiance an afghan.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also do handcrafted presents. My biggest challenge is starting early enough in the fall to get everything done in time. I am glad the thread started, so I have the nudge to get cracking!

Post Thanks / Like
    @Nellie - The family of snowmen sounds adorable? Do you have a pattern you could share for that? I know at least one or two people that would be a cute gift for. I have done afghans in the past as gifts but haven't for quite some time. Most of my friends and family have more than they could use from me in that area. In this tight economy, I would like to make something useful though. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I have been thinking about looking for a pattern for some crocheted slippers. I have never done slippers before, but thought my daughter will really like some for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again,

I was also thinking about looking for a pattern to crochet a cell phone holder. I have not even started looking yet, but need one for my cell phone. If you have any you have done, I will be glad to look at them! Thanks!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not usually crochet gifts for holidays but I have done items as gifts for birthdays; for instance i made a nice set of coasters in pastel shades. My sister-in-law liked it very much.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    @BarbaraG:

I've made slippers before and wrote the pattern down somewhere. I'll take a look for it soon and post it

Post Thanks / Like
    Writer_crafter,

If you come across the pattern for crocheted slippers, I would love for you to post it to the group. Thanks!