Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello fellow hookers!

My name is Donna and I am new to your community, but very excited to be here. I love to crochet, but my skills are extremely limited--something I hope to remedy in the future. Of particular interest to me is learning how to do the pineapple stitch. It looks beautiful, and there is a pattern that really caught my eye--the striking purple tunic that costs $5.95 just to download. I'm going to have to find a free equivalent pattern, as I am disabled and as I say (all too often!) Social Security is neither very social, and definitely not secure.

I have several home improvement projects that are winding up--stuff it has taken me over a year to complete, as I have been critically ill for the last 4 years...I can't tell you how many times I have made liars out of doctors who say I probably wouldn't survive the night. But even a cat only has nine lives, so I intend to make this one the best, happiest, most fulfilling one of them all, and producing some lovely wearable yarn art is one of my goals.

If you've read this far, thanks, and I look forward to learning new stitches and creating lovely pieces...I will most likely need some help with the fancy stuff!
    Warm regards,
    Donna

2. Likes Grandma Darlene, Anaisa, rosieh20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Glad you found this site! Great place for conversation, ideas and help here. There are free patterns to be found on line. Hang on someone might suggest where you can find something in the pineapple that you might like to start with. Maybe a smaller project to start with? Like a coaster, a runner, or small doily?
    Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so fortunate to have found this site!!! All are ready to help when you need it. Here are a few sites with free patterns- redheart.com allfreecrochet.com ravelry.com crochet patterncentral.com Hope you can find what you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Donna! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to our friendly crochet community! We are excited that you have joined us and look forward to learning more about you! Please make your self comfy here!

Post Thanks / Like
    First howdie and welcome; second the pineapple stitch is really quite simple to get to know in my opinion, and you are right there are a lot of free patterns out there. Please post us some of you work....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome! I'm so happy you found us. I've done the pineapple stitch in doilies and table tops and it is really pretty and it is easy to do. I love the web sites Imalefty has posted for you to browse through. They have some excellent patterns! I hope you find what you are looking for and have lots of fun making it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Bonnie shared a pattern for a Pineapple Placemat with me today. Might you like to start with this first?
    Pineapple Placemat

Post Thanks / Like
    Very glad to have you join our group. We always have help for whatever you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan: Do you know anything about 3 ply vs 6 ply crochet? The pineapple placement that Bonnie shared is probably a good place for Donna to start. I love the pineapple pattern. Years ago a gal I worked with made a tablecloth and just a rolling footstool to work on it! Lili/Shirley