Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

I need help with afghan edges

I have crocheted an afghan for my grandson. It is all single crochet. The edges are rippling. How can I get the edges to lay flat. Melba

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had that problem, too. When I am done with the afghan, I usually crochet a border all around the edge, with single crochet. Sometimes you will need two rows. That will usually tighten up the rippled edges. When you get to the corner, be sure to do 3 SC in one stitch, so it will lay flat.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forum! It looks like you have already gotten a tip for your afghan challenge. We are glad you are here and please make yourself at home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by melbadobbins View Post
    I have crocheted an afghan for my grandson. It is all single crochet. The edges are rippling. How can I get the edges to lay flat. Melba
    By the way, Melba, it won't help you with this afghan....but I've decided that single crochet is just too tight of a stitch to really make a good afghan. I have much better luck in just doing rows of double crochet. There seems to be a little more "give" with double crochet. Plus, it is a longer stitch, so the afghan goes faster, lol.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like

Ripple Edge

Hi! Perhaps not with this afghan but for future ones-just make a ripple edge on it anyway. Betcha no one would know the difference!