Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

BOOK LOVERS CORNER - What are you reading?

Hey dears! After talking about books on another thread, I thought it would also be a great idea to start a Book Lovers thread. I'm pretty much sure most of you are secret bookworms/booklovers or at least a random book reader!

So here's a chance to share to us all what you are reading right now! Or perhaps you have just read an AMAZING book that we must all read. Please do share it here. Would love to hear from all of you.

So to start things off, I just finished reading JUMPER series by Steven Gould.

BOOK LOVERS CORNER - What are you reading?BOOK LOVERS CORNER - What are you reading?BOOK LOVERS CORNER - What are you reading?

Here are my thoughts:
    Jumper is very different from the Movie. It focuses on the main character's "how" he became a jumper. I found it a bit boring.

Reflex is WAY better. There's more build up to the story. More action and it made me really wanna know how it would end. I found it very interesting. I would recommend this if you want to read the Jumper "series". Though I guess it would only appeal more to you if you have read Jumper first.

Griffin's Story is a bit boring as well. I mean, there isn't any wow factor to it. Its just a background story as well.

Honestly though, you are all better off watching the movie. Its much more interesting. LOL. If you really are interested in reading teleportation/time travel type of books I would suggest THE TIME TRAVELLER'S WIFE. I love the way it really messes your mind. I haven't watched the movie of that though. And I think I'd like to keep it that way. There are times when movie adaptations destroy the whole book instead of "supporting" it.

Anyhow, this was quite a long post. Sorry. Yes, I really love reading and writing. LOL. Your "thoughts" about your book recommendations don't have to be as long as this. haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a big reader as well, though I tend to be reading more textbooks these days lol. I must, must recommend "Room" by Emma Donaghue. AMAZING. Also, both of Lisa Genova's books I found very good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked it out on the net. It looks interesting. I will try to get my hands on one. Thanks for sharing!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kai Sensei,
    I have always enjoyed books and reading; my favorite authors are JRR Tolkien, David Eddings (who just passed away), JK Rowling for her genius work Harry Potter and Maeve Binchy. I am now reading (or trying to finish, no, fighting to finish, lol) The Redemption of Althalus....just love all Eddings books as I am a fan of fantasy in both books and movies.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently, I'm reading Who Switched Off My Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf. I need all the help I can get!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! I'm currently reading a paper bound book called Radical Simplicity by Dan Price. It's a good read because it talks about going back to the basics of simple living. I've also started listening to some audio books on my cellphone - The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, Stephen King's The Cell and also one Danielle Steele novel H.R.H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon,

I have loved reading a lot in the past. I read on occasion right now. I like to read non-fiction mostly. I LOVE to go through my recipe books and find new creations to make for the family. I also enjoy going through craft books and learning new things.

Most of my reading now days comes in the form of internet surfing. I love to read new things online. It is GREAT!

Although, nothing beats being about to take a REAL book with you, when you are waiting for doctor's appointments! I must admit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! You're right Barbi, there are a lot of resources online too and although it doesn't count as FORMAL reading or viewing (if it's a video), it still is a good source/s of knowledge. And I totally agree, nothing beats the real thing. I still keep buying soft and hard bound books from thrift shops just to be able to satisfy my book cravings. Oh, by the way, I'm also currently re-reading (more like listening actually ) to Stephenie Meyer's 4th book in the Twilight Series, Breaking Dawn. Just prepping myself up for the upcoming movie showing by November if it will really push through.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! I get to talk about books with other people who love books. I hope to write my own one day (seriously ). I am currently struggling (Like climbing-mt-everest-kind-of-struggling) through Dylan Thomas' 'Adventures in the Skin Trade'. Three stories in and am not sure exactly what it's all about (the introduction does not help). But you just have to read Dylan Thomas, just to say you have read Dylan Thomas. Kinda like Hemmingway. I am also reading (sorta) a voluminous tome on the African economic, political situation by George Ayittey. My favorite books are Carol Lewis (never have gotten over 'Through The Looking Glass'), Anne Rice, Ben Okri, James Patterson, and for some light escapism -Sandra Brown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow there are a lot of us readers here then. Listening to a book sounds like a good idea. Then you can crochet WHILE listening to a book! Multi-tasking to the max! I should try doing that one time. Probably during the holidays. Right now I'm trying to read books by Sophie Kinsella. They are light fun reads.