Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Elyria, Ohio.....I'm the new kid on the block...

My name is Christine....you can call me Chris....it's a lot less typing...I'm a wife and mom....finally I get to stay at home after 32 years working....I am interested in starting a knit /crochet circle (I think that's what they're called) in my community....If anybody has any tips or advise it will be greatly appreciated....I currently have, I think, 6 works in progress and I LOVE all things yarn! My favorite place to get yarn online is Expression Fiber Arts....after that I love shopping for yarn at Michaels Craft store and JoAnn Fabrics....

Peace and Blessings

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe! I am Larisa doily maker Have a good day!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you joined us. I love all things yarn too. You will enjoy it here. Welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet community! We are glad you are here with us! We have a lot of exciting things going here as well as helpful tips for crochet! Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Chris! Congratulations on getting to stay home after working all those years! I have been retired for about 10 years now and I absolutely love it! Yes, I have a little less disposable income to dispose of, but there are so many fun things to do that I don't mind.

And, I found out after being home a while that I spent money while I worked that I no longer need to spend now that I'm not working. I have more than enough clothes in my closet for any occasion now. When I worked, I was always shopping for "something new to wear to work, lol." Also, my food expenses have gone way down. I nearly always ate lunch out, more for a break than anything. Now I just have a sandwich and a glass of milk and keep on crocheting. I no longer need to stop and pick up take out on the way home after a hard day at the office. I have plenty of time to plan leisurely meals for hubby and me.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

6. Likes Renee, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Christine! I am new to crochet talk and I really can't answer your question, but just wanted to say welcome. I also live in Lorain, Ohio which is real close to you. I know you are closer to JoAnn Fabics and the Michaels store at Avon Commons. I also go to Michaels and the Pat Catan Craft store in Amherst Plaza for my yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

9. Likes Renee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there. Maybe if you were to post a flyer at Joanns, Michaels and your local library and see what kind of response you get? Just an idea. Not sure how to get one started either. Good luck you will have to let us know how it works out.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris and welcome. I am 65, have 4 grandchildren, and have been "retired" for 2 years. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus as well as other afghans. I love being at home, puttering, and helping take care of grandpuppies and grandchildren. I have a couple of projects going right now and more yarn than I probably know what to do with!

Post Thanks / Like
    Buggainok: I am so happy being retired too. After my boss' wife (worked for doctor for 5 years and was nanny, dog walker and babysitter over weekends, driver to change tires, etc. as well as my job doing medical transcription and assisting in the surgery center) said to me she did not know what I did all day, I finished the day and laid the keys on the desk. And never looked back! I broke my hip in August 2012 and have spent the last months getting strength and stamina back. I crochet like crazy, and love it. I am so happy that someone else feels just like me. I applied for Soc. Sec. and there is definitely less money but like you say, when you are not working the needs are totally different. I planted a few vegetables this year. And our dog loves me being at home all day!!!!! Have a great one.