Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello from Ohio

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Ohio

I just joined mostly to help others find the patterns. I have so many I can't keep track of them all but I know what I have in my head and an idea where to find them. I have threw away more patterns that most of you have and I am sorry to say that was before the internet, when moving to a smaller house. I am getting ready to do it again. Can't take them with me. (no I am not dying).

I am a grandmother to 6 biological grandchildren and 3 step grandchildren, I live in the country. I learned to sew and crochet at a very young age. I am teaching a grandson how to crochet now. 6 girls 16,14,13,12,6,4, and 3 boys 8,6,1.

I have been married 43 years. Have 3 daughters (none crochet). My husband is retired. I'm not old enough yet probably will never be able to afford it. I work at a hospital, I'm in housekeeping but right now I am not working last December if fell on the ice and tore the tendons in my shoulder. I finally had it fixed last month. I will be off until September. I didn't have it done earlier because my father became ill just about the time I fell and he came first.

My hobbies crocheting, knitting, quilting. My husband does most of the cooking.
    I love flowers but it is hard for me to take care of them, I get down and need a crane to get me up bad hips and knees. :

Since the beginning of the year I have finished 2 afghans and made as of today 80 dishcloths. I am trying to make up a lot of the yarn I have and do I have yarn. I was told not to move my shoulder luckily it wasn't the hand I use. I am left handed. I was still able to crochet by gently holding the dishcloths in my right hand. You would be surprised what you can do with one hand when you have to. Of course I can't make anything with any weight to it.

2. Likes Anaisa, wenda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! It s nice to meet you! I crochet doilies and I make mats but not today. It was raining and I like it. Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, howdie and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Glad you joined us. Did I understand you to say you are throwing patterns away?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lawana, calm down!! She said she HAS thrown some away!! Excuse us Kensuelea, Lawana wants every pattern ever made. We are all addicted to cute on here and Lawana has a book/pattern addiction. We love to tease or I love to tease and I take every opportunity. You are fortunate to have so many grandchildren. I only got 2 girls and I wouldn't take anything for them but I really hoped for more.

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, MY, Faye- I don't wanna know if she throws patterns away. My old heart couldn't take it. Ya'll need to help me with my addiction! Please, help me feed it!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    See, I told you!!! The girl has it bad!!!!

10. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you.....I'm addicted to patterns too but since discovering the inet I haven't looked at my old books. There are so many 100s of 10000s avail and mostly free. Another great tool is U-tube. What did we do before? Trouble is now I'm addicted to searching and restrict myself to printing only those patterns I will use immediately....hmmm I have 4 folders overflowing with printed copies!!! Its fun and now having discovered this forum I'm not sure how much crochet/knit I'll ever get done.

12. Likes Magnolia Blossom, wenda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one cat that someone threw out she has been here for several years. That is the only reason I have a cat. ( I don't like cats) she is an outdoors cat. I do have 3 dogs. We was farm people for years so I have had about everything including a pet rat my daughter brought home from the pet shop to keep someone from buying her to feed a snake. Actually she was a pretty good pet.

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes. I had Ratty many years ago. It s sad story
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

16. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post