Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Lois Smith

Post Thanks / Like

Post Lois Smith

Hello, I am a new viewer. I want to show my granddaughter how to crochet. It has been many years since I have crochet and found that I forgot how to make a double crochet. I also want to know what is the now things to crochet. I am excited and I do hope this will help me a lot.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    first howdie and welcome; a double crochet wow, I do this all the time put have a brain freeze as I try to explain, I'm sure someone will come along to help ya soon...whatever you think of there is a crochet for it...winks....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Smith View Post
    Hello, I am a new viewer. I want to show my granddaughter how to crochet. It has been many years since I have crochet and found that I forgot how to make a double crochet. I also want to know what is the now things to crochet. I am excited and I do hope this will help me a lot.
    Welcome Lois. I can relate to what you say. I started crocheting again after many years and found all I could remember was how to loop the yarn around my left hand and how to make a chain. My mind was blank about how to do the stitches.

I would highly recommend that you go to Youtube, type the name of some stitches in the search box, like double crochet stitch, single crochet stitch, etc. It will pull up a list of lots of videos showing you exactly how to do the stitches. I think it's so much easier to look at someone doing it and explaining at the same time, than to try to follow pictures or written instructions.

Before the internet, all we had were pattern books with illustrations, but now there are lots and lots of really good videos for beginner crocheters.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Nice to meet you and have you here in the crochet forum! Thank you for joining us! Please make yourself at home here and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    a double crochet is done by yarning over and pulling though 2 loops then yarn over and pull through 2 loops again.

I agree with the other ladies if you need a refresher course on stitches just type it in your search there are plenty of videos other there I use Bethintx1 - YouTube she has a great learn to crochet and back to basics video. Now as far as what is the NOW thing to crochet. just for starters Infinity scarfs and ruffle scarfs seem to be popular.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64