Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hello,my name is. . .

Hello,my name is Linda Murphy.i'm living in Hobbs,N.M. and am from Pa. and lived for a life time in Louisianna,then moved to New Mexico for another life time. My aunt that i lived with after the death of my mom taught me how to crochet to keep me busy and out of trouble since i was an active kid with a wild imagination. Anyway, i also make beaded and clay jewlery and draw. the last 2 years i spent watching the light in my eyes grow dim from cataracts. Last April i regained sight in my left eye by the grace of God,it was my due season as my Bible Study apostle had explained. i am blessed; i have a job and work for a good family who owns a restuarant,good friends and family. i cannot forget to mention my chickens,turkeys,cats and dogs. Lately i have been crocheting and am in search of projects to keep busy and use as gifts,hopefully i'll have next Christmas taken care of before it smackes me on the back of my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda,

Hello! It is great to have you as a member! What types of patterns are you looking for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda,

Welcome to this group. You are indeed so blessed, based on the experiences you've had. I'm sure you will enjoy and learn a lot here like I have been. You can also share great patterns you have in case you have any. Don't forget too that you can post photos of your creations. I look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    good morning, nothing special, this is a little crazy, but just different patterns, i can not make patterns but i can alter ones in order to add my own twist, i like the idea of making animals like horses and dragons here of late since i've been making accessories that are fast for Christmas gift giving. Thank you for your reply.

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, thank you for the warm welcome. i felt it very important to mention the God experience,it opened my eyes and heart wide. Most of the patterns that i use are from more advanced artists but i try to change them just a tad, i get impatient and can't wait to give my creation as a gift or wear it for show and tell.LOL thank you once again.

7. Likes giftedchild liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Linda!

I crocheted hats for everyone this Christmas and now I'm trying to start crocheting scarves for next year to match the hats I gave them this year, lol.
    I also have started crocheting the little miniature animals that don't take very long for my grandchildren's stocking stuffers and birthday gifts.

I like to change patterns up too, but I am not good enough to do patterns made by advanced artists, ;-)

9. Likes LindaMurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morning Patti,well this season was full of scarves,wristwarmers,and slouchy beanies. i have a small collection of wristwarmers, i have teens that work at the restrant i manage and one of them is goth,which i have a soft spot for(the girl and the society),so the wristwarmers are dark with girly ribbons. lol. i'd like to start with the animals i like the most,horses and dragons for the next level of crochet creativity. i find that there is WAY to much colorful yarns to decide to use for my patterns,lol! But it does give an endless amount of crocheting of scarves,wristwarmers and slouchy beanies,LOL.