Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

crochet headbands

Hi Fellow Crafters,
    I'm new to this forum. Usually, I knit but my girls are asking me to crochet headbands that fasten in the back. They are 3-5 inches wide with a button in the back. Can anyone direct me to some patterns, please.
    Thanks,
    Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    I crocheted some headbands and what I do is use google images to seek patterns..I put in free crochet head band patterns and then hit the image tab on google search..that way I get a visual. I make some that was my own way..and all I did for a band was to use like 6 sc and then turn..I catch only the back of the stitch to give it a ribbed look ..it should be then 5 sc acrosse.(I always keep count) and then just go to my desired length..I have even done this in half double crochet also. As for flowers..I usually just do the same with images..or go to You Tube for a video tutorial.

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Wow! Didn't know you could do that, Anne. Gonna go try. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! It is nice to meet you - we also have resources listed on our site. You can use the search box in the upper right hand corner and put in "headband, head band, headbands, head bands" in the box - one word at a time though. Nice to meet you!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can also start the head band crocheting around a pony tail holder and when you get it as long as you want it crochet that end to the same pony tail holder. That way it grows with the child.

7. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea Lawana. I hadn't thought of that but I will definitely use it. I made some with buttons, but my hair gets caught in them and I have to pull it out. I just made them with 75 stitches and join. I'm going to do the ponytail thing next time. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a picture on of the pony holder head band Sassy Stitchers on facebook..it is a facebook crochet group..I think it is a neat idea..one of the ladies told me about it and that is how she does it..so that when she does baby head bands..they still fit toddlers too..great idea!