Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New

Post Thanks / Like

New

Hi from northern Il. I just found this site. Right now I am into crocheting and knitting and I need more hands! I am also an in-home seamstress and cake decorator. It's great to be here and hope to meet many of you fellow crocheters. Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Debj,

Hello! It is nice to meet you! I hope that you will find a lot of inspiration in this crochet forum!

What types of things do you like to crochet? In the years past, I wanted to learn to do cakes along with the decorating!

Post Thanks / Like
    Debj,
    Welcome to the group. I am from Mass and am still a beginner, but getting better everyday. You will find all the help you need here. Sounds like you are very craft oriented to begin with and I'm sure that will help. A seamstress is very impressive. I'm lucky I can sew a button on and you should see my alterations bills with my tailor!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Hi Barbi and Janie!

Thank you for your welcome. Nice to meet you.

I am not new to either craft but I do not do the complicated patterns. I make gloves, fingerless mitts, hats, baby sweaters, booties, afghans (lots), dishcloths, scarfs, easy slippers and socks. I'm a lefty but do all this right handed. If I had to knit and crochet lefty, I'd be in big trouble!

Cake decorating can be a real trip! I used to sell my decorated cakes but it got to be too much so now just for family. I made my own wedding cake and boy was it good ! Then I have been doing counted cross stitch for a long time and a 10 yr old taught me that. I have almost 40 pictures up on my walls, even one of my dog that I lost.

Making your own clothes is such a savings all the way around. It's exciting to be able to pick and choose your own colors of fabrics too. Janie, I'll be your tailor, lol!

Do you two have any other things up your sleeve (crafts)

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie
    Last edited by debj; 12-26-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: addition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debj View Post
    Hi Barbi and Janie!

Thank you for your welcome. Nice to meet you.

Do you two have any other things up your sleeve (crafts)

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I work as a troop leader for our local Girl Scouts and we homeschool, as well. So, we are always doing a variety of crafts. My kids are also in 4-H, so this keeps us very busy. I have recently gone back to doing some sewing, as well.

I love to scrapbook and look forward to having more time to catch up on the past few years! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie,

Welcome to this group! I see you have a lot of things on your hands. And cake decorating? Wow! You really have a lot of creativity there

Aside from crocheting, I also know how to knit, although I've been having some health issues lately, that's why I've been resting a bit and not busying myself too much.

Anyway, I think we're going to learn a lot from you and what you have to share. Again, welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Morning Barbi! Does being a Brownie count too, ? I didn't make it to a girl scout being I got so sick. I used to scrapbook things long ago but not the way it is done now. Then my bedroom walls were full of the Beatles!

Hi Giftedchild! Thank you for your welcome. I'm not a fast crocheter or knitter. I do those in my own time. I also have health problems and my health comes first. There are days I wish my hands did not hurt like they do. I just finished crocheting a headband ear warmer for myself. I don't like earmuffs. Now I am knitting a pair of fingerless mitts for myself too. Both are very easy patterns. If the weather ever gets cold like it should be now, I can wear them!

Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debj View Post
    Morning Barbi! Does being a Brownie count too, ? I didn't make it to a girl scout being I got so sick.
    Debbie
    Hi Debbie,

I have Brownies and Daisies this year. My Brownies will become Juniors at the end of the school year, which is not too far away!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi! Now that's a new one on me...Daisies. Is that between a Brownie and GS.?
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Deb,

Daisies are kindergarten and first grade. Brownies are now second and third grade, followed by Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors (older one not necessarily in order).