Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Barbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder

Hello members,

I was going to wait until after the holidays to start on some projects. I went to buy yarn the other day, and of course I could not wait.

Here is what I am working on - a cell phone holder using the afghan stitch. This stitch is also known as tunisian stitch.

It has been nice working on this, but different for me. First of all, the stitch creates a very firm fabric. This has benefits for the use of the cell phone, but seems a little harder on the hands in creating it. Second, I almost felt that I was cheating when I got the hang of doing the process. I really did not have to count much when making this.

I started on this last night for a few hours and have added a few more rows this morning, because my cell phone is larger. Here are a few pictures; remember I am not a professional. LOL!

Of course, I am not quite done with this. I have to sew my sides up and also add a strap to it. I will post the final picture when I am finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images Barbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-100_6004-jpg Barbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-100_6005-jpg Barbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-100_6006-jpg Barbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-100_6007-jpg Barbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-100_6008-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi,

I love the color that you used - very feminine and girl-y, so to speak. To be honest with you, I don't know how to make a Tunisian stitch, but I'd certainly like to learn how. Also, since you said that you didn't have to count much in doing this project, then I think this is worth learning I guess you're already finished at this time but just don't have time to make posts. Anyway, we're all kind of busy during this season, but just wanted you to know I'll be awaiting your post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Giftedchild,

I still need to finish it - probably here in the next day or so. I will take pictures and post it. I have been busy catching up on my work, since I took a few days off for Christmas. I won't forget, just doing some catch up. I am sure that it will only take me maybe 30ish minutes to complete it.

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure Barbi. Take your time. I myself need a lot of catching up to do with a lot of things. I need to remove a lot of clutter around the house in preparation for the New Year, so I'm just happy you had some time to finish a project again amidst all the things you're attending to. I think I also need to create a new cell phone pouch for myself too and I hope I'll be able to make one again soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Finished Cell Phone Holder with Small Strap

Hello,

Here is a picture of the finished product! Thanks for the motivation to take a little time to finish it this evening! :0)

It is not perfect, but complete! I would like to make a lip balm holder to match it, this upcoming week, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images Barbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-100_6117-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    See? That's what we all need A little nudge here and there and it's finished! This looks really good Barbi! And it seems a perfect fit for your phone too. Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! It did give me a nudge to finish it! LOL I really needed to take just a little time to finish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb, nice cell phone holder. I made one for my daughter not long ago. but I do think the tunisian stitch would be a better stitch for one then what I used. Plus the yarn I used was actually nearly to soft, if you can imagine that. It just seemed like it would have been better had it been a little stronger stitch. Love the pics. Thanks for sharing.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi,

I just wanted to you to know that I got really inspired by what you created so I made a new cozy for my cellphone. Here are the images:

Barbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-12292011613-jpgBarbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-12292011614-jpgBarbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-12292011615-jpgBarbara's Latest Project - Cell Phone Holder-12292011616-jpg

I don't know why there is a color difference in the images, but the original color is the one in the first image. I used a flash in the 2nd photo, and no flash again on the last two, but there was the light on my laptop, which perhaps gave the creation a slightly different hue

11. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    giftedchild,

Hello! This is nice! What type of stitch did you use? Thanks for posting your pictures! I love to see what others are doing!