Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi. I'm new too but my crocheting days are over; my eyes are not good.

So now I have to do something else with all those "free" color crochet patterns that cost a dollar page to print on my home printer.

I assembled them into books so my daughters and granddaughters would have a marvelous craft to work with, especially as a cottage industry so they don't have to go back to work with kids at home.

All the patterns I recomposed were freebies in the public domain, some going back to the 1850s. I put thousands of hours into making them a permanent archive, and I give copies to Senior Centers, churches and libraries.

You can find my crochet books (six of them) at Amazon.com under my name, Emily Elizabeth Windsor-Cragg. I have other books there too.

Crochet is a pure skill that only requires a hook and some twine. And with it, a crafter can make a hat, a scarf, a purse, a coat, dress, slippers, pants, skirt, vest, underwear, carrying bags, afghans, bedspreads, tablecloths, inset and collar lace, alter lace, filet crochet artwork ... just about anything we can imagine in our minds that a string can be twisted into.

It's an honor to participate in this lovely craft.

Emily

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welome Emily! From your bio above, you will always be a contributor to the crochet world. Enjoy the forum!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Emily! I am Larisa doily maker.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    way cool; howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, it's a shame you can't crochet still. Have you tried doing some open weave patterns such as one large granny square, or something on that order? I have trouble with small print myself, so I know what you are going through. I have trouble with arthritis bad in my right thumb and am not sure how long I'll be able to continue, but it has helped to keep me going so far. Now I take my Ibuprofen and keep on going as long as I can.

Nice job on the pattern book. Thanks.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the forums! It is nice to meet you and have you here with us! Make yourself at home and we look forward to learning more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Emily!