Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hi, I'm new and know I'll learn something here

My mother taught me some crochet stitches when I was 7 as she worked on her first and only project -- an afghan. Just making chains of basic stitches got boring after a while, so I put down crocheting for a time (25 years). I've made a few projects, but after a dozen years I still consider myself a beginner. Hope to change that some day.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you joined the group. We are all continuing to learn new stuff here really. Just takes practice. Crocheting is a good craft for many reasons. If you need help finding an easy project, just ask and someone will come along with suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Looking For An Easy Hat Project

Thanks for the welcoming words. I could use help finding an easy -- and I mean easy -- project for a hat. I've tried in the past, but I been having so much trouble. Most projects call for the slip stitch to form a ring, then work in the ring. I lose track of where I'm at even with stitch markers. Frustrating.

5. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome; I know that we all get frustrated w/ loose ends but have you considered doing a granny square hat? Happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello & welcome,

We are glad you are here with us and love to hear about how others learned to crochet! Crocheting with our moms and grandmothers is a great way to have memories to cherish in life! Thanks for joining us!

8. Likes DaisyCakes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    DaisyCakes: What kind of Hat pattern do you want, I have a lot of different hat patterns and they are all easy, I only do easy.
    So let me know and I will send it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyCakes View Post
    Thanks for the welcoming words. I could use help finding an easy -- and I mean easy -- project for a hat. I've tried in the past, but I been having so much trouble. Most projects call for the slip stitch to form a ring, then work in the ring. I lose track of where I'm at even with stitch markers. Frustrating.
    Here is a link to a super-simple beanie hat. You work it in rounds, not in a spiral, so you can tell when you need to do another row. Also, you change the size of the hat by changing the size of your hook. I've made it for my small grandkids, teenage granddaughters, and adults. This lady also has a video tutorial for the hat on youtube.

Ravelry: Quick and Easy Basic Crochet Beanie pattern by Yolanda Soto-Lopez
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

11. Likes DaisyCakes liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, thanks so much. Hmmm.. I don't know. I'm really looking for something that I might finish, so I'm up for any type of pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    DaisyCakes, here are a bunch of different hats. Most are very simple.

24 Beginner Crochet Hat Patterns + Easy Berets | AllFreeCrochet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן