Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Patterns for Beginners?

Does anyone have any suggestions for good patterns for beginners? Perhaps something other than the standard scarf or washcloth - I already have a ton of those from my knitting ventures.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a pattern I found for a wide head band...http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa040205.htm Hope you will like to try it and maybe wear it once it's finished. Good luck with your search of new patterns. This link is for a crochet item though, don't know if you prefer knitting...
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks fairynatb! I think I'll try that, but make it a bit thinner as I think that would look better on me. I was looking for crochet items, as I'm a new crocheter but a seasoned knitter!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am interested in trying this one, too. I need a few easy projects that do not take alot of time. Simultaneously, I will be refreshing my skills in crocheting. Thanks!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    No probs! Always happy to help for those who'd like to make granny squares, here's the pattern...it is easy and can be made into lots of things How to Crochet Granny Squares
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nellie, If you want you could do a search for crochet patterns for beginners it will bring up sites that carry beginners patterns. Is there certain patterns you are looking for I could help more if you had some in mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for good patterns for beginners? Perhaps something other than the standard scarf or washcloth - I already have a ton of those from my knitting ventures.
    AllFreeCrochet.com - Free Crochet Patterns, Crochet Projects, Tips, Video, How-To Crochet and More
    there are patterns here for... everything... when you find something you like if you can't figure out written instructions (my hand is up, i'm terrible with written, need pictures) google "videos for ___" whatever pattern you want. it's amazing what's out there ... crochetgeek has wonderful instructional videos, also a guy named mikeysmail (sp?)
    I started doing alot of hats because they are quick... mostly for charity... bev'scountry cottage has very simple patterns also

8. Likes Janie liked this post